New
Find
Notify
Tools

BERNIE WOLFE
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
from canada but settled in west texas. supposed to be an engraver of some renowned. died in the 90s. supposedly made it into several gun rags of the 80s and 90s. he rented space from me in the early 80s in one of my stores. was as shady a character as you'll ever find. he always swore he was the finest engraver ever lived.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guess I'm missing the point

Posts: 3434 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
no point. just thought as this is an engraving forum someone may have some of his work and be interested in background. he hand engraved literally hundreds of colt single actions, win model 94s etc. no telling where they are now. i have a colt sa in .41 cal from the late 1800s he did. his speciality was engraving 94s then "antiquing" them claiming they were born that way. quite a character. people who supposedly knew said he was an artist.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post