New
Find
Notify
Tools

Checkering Stocks
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Wasn't sure where to ask this, but I'll try here. I have been checkering stocks for over 35 years, using Dem-Bart checkering tools. Last year it took me over 4 months to get product from Dem-Bart and only then after I called and inquired why taking so long. I am in need of some more tools, have emailed and called numerous times to no answer. Are they still in business? I can order from other distributors, but they all say not in stock and no backorder. So wtf here. Please can someone give me insight here? Thanks in advance.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 69 | Location: caseyville, IL | Registered: 11 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know which cutters you need but Michael Ulman, listed in ACGG.org is manufacturing new cutters. I have heard that Dembart is trying to get sold or out of business.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5498 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to drive Dem Bart everyday, Used to bye some of there Tools. I liked their stock finish. The next time I'm in Sohomish I'll stop by..

Posts: 14 | Registered: 19 October 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So I guess that Brownell's is out of the question?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmm, 4 months and he hasn't been back yet.
I have a few single and double cutters I'll not use that could be sold.

No clue what they're worth though.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well George,sounds like a sound indacator of not real interest.As to the worth;as always,what ever the mkt. will bear.If you do just want to sell,you might try craigs list. I have a friend that is a stone sculptor who has found some vintage chisels there.Just a thought.If my eyes had'nt aged I would have bought your tools myself.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well got a set from Brownells made by Gunline. So far I hope they stay around. The cutters are fantastic. Thanks for all the info.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 69 | Location: caseyville, IL | Registered: 11 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used DemBart for a few years. They sure get dull fast. I have not talked to DemBart for year.
I have recently ordered Master Carver and will try them.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post