New
Find
Notify
Tools

Screw Heads
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am going to attempt to engrave screw heads on various guns .Just screw heads , nothing else . so I will be cutting short straight lines.
Can I get advice about what number graver and secondly how to sharpen . Thanks in advance

Posts: 45 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You should go to this site for basic engraving info. It has almost all of your questions and is simple to understand. The main thing is to learn how to sharpen the gravers correctly before you start on gun parts. www.engraverscafe.com

Posts: 89 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 December 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Screw heads are not a "piece of cake" Magnification is so important to make the divisions equal. I speak from experience...Make a simple pattern.. leave the eye poppers to the pros.

Posts: 3433 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post