THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    SOME UP TO DATE TRAVEL INFO US to RSA and RSA to ZIM

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SOME UP TO DATE TRAVEL INFO US to RSA and RSA to ZIM
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Guys,

Below is what I received from Gracy Travel today concerning US to RSA flights and RSA to Zim. Looks like everything is in place for the 2021 season.

Mark

Hi Mark,

No one is flying direct from the US to South Africa at this time.

The schedules for the direct flights start in January with Delta.

United’s schedules from Newark to Johannesburg start April 1st. That is new service and excited to see that work.

Currently US travelers can fly Ethiopian via Addis, Qatar via Doha, Turkish Airways via Istanbul.

There are flights via Europe however with the shutdown I don’t trust those flights to actually take off or return.

Zimbabwe is still Ethiopian Airways to Vic Falls and Harare, Emirates is a crap shoot and they are cancelling things by 2-3 days on either side so not reliable.

South African Airlink has started service to Harare from Johannesburg and that airline I trust as it is flying now. They haven’t started to Vic Falls so nothing going to vic Falls except Ethiopian via Addis.

Be safe,

Shawn

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Good to know, I just think that travel in Africa is just going to be a crapshoot for a while at least.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Emirates is a crap shoot and they are cancelling things by 2-3 days on either side so not reliable.

Good to know. Normaly Emirates is one of the very Best.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
quote:
South African Airlink has started service to Harare from Johannesburg and that airline I trust as it is flying now. They haven’t started to Vic Falls so nothing going to vic Falls except Ethiopian via Addis.

Does SA Airlink allow you to travel with your firearms?

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2282 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I booked Delta from Atlanta to JoBerg. Not direct but through Amsterdam.

Posts: 59 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 10 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Labman:
quote:

Yes.

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
Originally posted by Labman:
quote:

Yes.

Great. I think I'll wait until late Spring to book flights though.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark
I need a direct flight from Atlanta to JoBurg, over night then straight shot to Lusaka. I went through Ireland and everything in between.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Randy,

Welcome home! I think for 2021 you'll be able to do just the itinerary you need. As for this year you got to Africa and back which is more than many can say. Only the brave, stubborn, or truly determined made it this year.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark:

You truly have it right... Brave, stubborn, and truely determined, as I just returned from Namibia and South Africa, and it was truly an "Adventure", especially Covid tests in both countries.

But can't wait until April 2021 to do it all over again.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
so you did both Namibia and sa same trip. That is normally what I like to do but was unsure how to do that now. You got tested in country then and had no problems

Posts: 553 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had to get tested here so that I could get on Ethiopian plane to Addis-Ababa then connecting to Namibia, then tested in Namibia to get on the
AirLink plane to SA, and tested again in JoBerg, to get on the plane back to Washington.

I went to Namibia first, as I would than have spent more than 10 days in a "low risk" country, and then SA lets you in. Lots of details and regulations that change daily.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
so you just pay to have a rapid test there as you switch countries. I am just glad to see I can still maybe do my sa to Namibia trip

Posts: 553 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/health...-south-africa-travel

Another highly concerning Covid variant linked to South Africa travel.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
And, yet another variant of Covid from Nigeria:

https://www.foxnews.com/health...rs-to-emerge-nigeria

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
South Africa is going into level #3 lock down.

Just in: Ramaphosa puts South Africa back into ‘Level 3’ of lockdown

This is far from festive. President Cyril Ramaphosa has announced that South Africa has returned to an 'adjusted form' of Level 3 lockdown restrictions.

The inevitable has taken place. During a third lockdown address in the past six weeks, Cyril Ramaphosa has rung the changes once more this evening – and COVID-19 restrictions have been tightened across the country. The president has confirmed that Level 3 lockdown will return to South Africa for the first time since August.

CYRIL RAMAPHOSA PUTS SA INTO ‘ADJUSTED LEVEL 3 RESTRICTIONS’

The alterations come just 24 hours after South Africa breached the ‘one million cases’ mark, as more than 9 500 infections were chalked up on Sunday. In the past month, transmission rates have skyrocketed, propelling the second wave of COVID-19 in Mzansi. A new strain of the disease has also driven the accelerated spread.

Several mitigations have been implemented so far. Hot-spot areas have been declared in the Western Cape and the Eastern Cape. The hours of alcohol sales have been restricted, as restaurants and bars were then asked to close earlier. Curbs were also placed on mass gatherings – but these measures haven’t been enough to contain the virus.

NEW LOCKDOWN CHANGES FOR SOUTH AFRICA ON MONDAY 28 DECEMBER

The president wearily confirmed that stronger interventions were now needed. South Africa will head into 2021 still hamstrung by the devastating effects of COVID-19, and things look likely to get worse before they get any better. Here are all the changes to the new Level 3 lockdown rules, as revealed by Cyril Ramaphosa on Monday.

All indoor and outdoor gatherings are prohibited for the next 14 days, barring funerals, restaurants, gyms, and others.
Alcohol sales from retail outlets and onsite usage is prohibited.

At Level 3, funerals may not be attended by more than 50 people.All businesses must operate at a limited capacity, to accommodate social distancing.

The nationwide curfew will now be extended from 21:00 – 6:00.

Non-essential venues – such as restaurants, and shops – must close at 20:00.

All beaches, dams, lakes, public parks, and swimming pools in hot-spot areas will be closed in hot-spot areas.

Those living in hot-spots are asked to travel only within their own district.

Individuals are now required to wear a mask on a compulsory basis in public – any offenders will be committing an offence, and could face further prosecution including a fine or even imprisonment (for no longer than six months).

LEVEL 3: WHAT HAPPENS NEXT IN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19?

We are still months away from a mass rollout of vaccinations, which have long promised to be the end-game for this pandemic. Light may be at the end of the tunnel, but it is a stubbornly long way from where we are right now. And an amended version of Level 3 restrictions will take us into January.

For the foreseeable future, lockdowns and the strict adherence to COVID-19 health protocols remain our only available interventions that can stop the spread of the virus. Factors like complacency, fatigue, and a cavalier attitude shown by some citizens towards the pandemic have also been highlighted as ‘serious areas of concern’.

It seems we will start the new year how we lived this year: In fear on a resilient, relentless, invisible enemy…

Level 3 regulations will be in place until 15 January 2021

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1558 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:
South Africa is going into level #3 lock down.

Just in: Ramaphosa puts South Africa back into ‘Level 3’ of lockdown

This is far from festive. President Cyril Ramaphosa has announced that South Africa has returned to an 'adjusted form' of Level 3 lockdown restrictions.

The inevitable has taken place. During a third lockdown address in the past six weeks, Cyril Ramaphosa has rung the changes once more this evening – and COVID-19 restrictions have been tightened across the country. The president has confirmed that Level 3 lockdown will return to South Africa for the first time since August.

CYRIL RAMAPHOSA PUTS SA INTO ‘ADJUSTED LEVEL 3 RESTRICTIONS’

The alterations come just 24 hours after South Africa breached the ‘one million cases’ mark, as more than 9 500 infections were chalked up on Sunday. In the past month, transmission rates have skyrocketed, propelling the second wave of COVID-19 in Mzansi. A new strain of the disease has also driven the accelerated spread.

Several mitigations have been implemented so far. Hot-spot areas have been declared in the Western Cape and the Eastern Cape. The hours of alcohol sales have been restricted, as restaurants and bars were then asked to close earlier. Curbs were also placed on mass gatherings – but these measures haven’t been enough to contain the virus.

NEW LOCKDOWN CHANGES FOR SOUTH AFRICA ON MONDAY 28 DECEMBER

The president wearily confirmed that stronger interventions were now needed. South Africa will head into 2021 still hamstrung by the devastating effects of COVID-19, and things look likely to get worse before they get any better. Here are all the changes to the new Level 3 lockdown rules, as revealed by Cyril Ramaphosa on Monday.

All indoor and outdoor gatherings are prohibited for the next 14 days, barring funerals, restaurants, gyms, and others.
Alcohol sales from retail outlets and onsite usage is prohibited.

At Level 3, funerals may not be attended by more than 50 people.All businesses must operate at a limited capacity, to accommodate social distancing.

The nationwide curfew will now be extended from 21:00 – 6:00.

Non-essential venues – such as restaurants, and shops – must close at 20:00.

All beaches, dams, lakes, public parks, and swimming pools in hot-spot areas will be closed in hot-spot areas.

Those living in hot-spots are asked to travel only within their own district.

Individuals are now required to wear a mask on a compulsory basis in public – any offenders will be committing an offence, and could face further prosecution including a fine or even imprisonment (for no longer than six months).

LEVEL 3: WHAT HAPPENS NEXT IN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19?

We are still months away from a mass rollout of vaccinations, which have long promised to be the end-game for this pandemic. Light may be at the end of the tunnel, but it is a stubbornly long way from where we are right now. And an amended version of Level 3 restrictions will take us into January.

For the foreseeable future, lockdowns and the strict adherence to COVID-19 health protocols remain our only available interventions that can stop the spread of the virus. Factors like complacency, fatigue, and a cavalier attitude shown by some citizens towards the pandemic have also been highlighted as ‘serious areas of concern’.

It seems we will start the new year how we lived this year: In fear on a resilient, relentless, invisible enemy…

Level 3 regulations will be in place until 15 January 2021

All South Africa's international borders are open.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1358 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Thank you Marius for further clarification.

The news blip that I posted was as reported nothing else was provided. I tired to look to the SA government web site and it did not provide any information when I posted my up date.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1558 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We had a group of bow hunters who just returned after 3 week hunting in South Africa, they did not report any problems.

Only thing they complained about was too much rain!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66706 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
We had a group of bow hunters who just returned after 3 week hunting in South Africa, they did not report any problems.

Only thing they complained about was too much rain!

Thank you for the feedback Saeed. Agree. Not the greatest time for bowhunting. In the middle of our rain season. Fine for walk and stalk but makes anything out of the blinds tough.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1358 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My main question is when you need a Covid test prior to leaving South Africa, where do you get it?

At the airport? From a private doctor/clinic?

Who oversees the quarantine?

Where can you quarantine?

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
My main question is when you need a Covid test prior to leaving South Africa, where do you get it?

At the airport? From a private doctor/clinic?

Who oversees the quarantine?

Where can you quarantine?

Some countries countries, like the UAE, require no test, as those without a negative test get tested at the airport on arrival.

I understand private clinics who do the testing do visit hotels on request and administer the test.

Results apparently take 6 hours.

I was given the following as one of the testing clinics, if it is of any help to our members.

COVID TEST SOUTH AFRICA
+27 66 231 7118

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66706 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ceck with your Travel Agent, or if you are in SA go to a Dis-Chem Pharmacy and ask them, as they helped me.

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
What about if you have the vaccine? Still require a test? I received my first dose and am fixin to get the booster in a week.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I HOPE, that when we get our shots, that we can just show them "proof", or stamp... and they will let us go like on our way, but I don't have an answer right now.

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
The 72 hour rule can cause issues if people have layovers due to flight schedules, e.g. get to J'Burg with one airline and then take a local airline the next day to Harare etc..

One might have to take a second test prior to the second leg of the journey.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Some locations have the quick test results back in a few hours. I am not sure what that one cost.

Where I live in the USA, it is now taking 4 days to get your results.

This is such a mess right now, and I do not think that it will clear up anytime soon. Countries can change their protocol entry and testing while you are in the air.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanks:
The 72 hour rule can cause issues if people have layovers due to flight schedules, e.g. get to J'Burg with one airline and then take a local airline the next day to Harare etc..

One might have to take a second test prior to the second leg of the journey.

Tanks,
The 72 hour rule for Zimbabwe was not being enforced the way the Government rule was written. The officials at the Harare airport were checking to see that the COVID test was done within 72 hours of the beginning of your trip. The Govt. news release said 72 hours prior to arrival, so it was a good thing they were doing it the way they were, but it does add to the further confusion on what one needs to do. Also one belief that was further enforced on my trip to Zim this year was, much of this depends on whom you are talking to and what their interpretation of the rules are. Ethiopian Air was giving me trouble at Dulles about not having paperwork from the Zim. Govt. approving my entry into the country. That one was new to me, I asked for a supervisor and he accepted the letter of invitation I had from my outfitter. Again just more confusion, but all in all the rip went relatively trouble free.

Posts: 746 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote