THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Emirates suspending passenger flights Zambia & Uganda

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Emirates suspending passenger flights Zambia & Uganda
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://www.emirates.com/ae/en...help/travel-updates/

Passenger operations from Zambia and Uganda

Update
Last updated: 11 June 2021, 13:16 Dubai (GMT+4)
In line with UAE government directives, Emirates will be suspending passenger flights from Zambia and Uganda to Dubai, effective 2359hrs on 11 June 2021, until further notice. Emirates flights from Dubai to Lusaka, continuing on to Harare and flights from Dubai to Entebbe will continue to operate as normal.

Furthermore, passengers who have connected through Zambia and Uganda in the last 14 days will not be accepted to travel from any other point to the UAE.

UAE Nationals and their first degree relatives, holders of UAE Golden Visas and members of diplomatic missions accredited by the UAE and the two countries who comply with updated COVID‑19 protocols, as well as delegations and businesspeople who have received prior approvals, will be exempt for travel.‎

Your options for cancelled bookings are:

Keep your ticket for future flight
You don’t need to call us if you choose to keep your ticket for future flights. You can get all the information on “Keep your ticket” option here. Please contact your booking office when you are ready to travel.

Rebook your flight to another date
For rebooking please contact your travel agent or booking office.

Emirates regrets any inconvenience caused. To receive update notifications, customers are requested to ensure their contact details are correct by visiting Manage Your Booking.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9339 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

I've been telling folks Qatar and Ethiopian if you want to book for the near future.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12838 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
Supposed to be wheels up in 5 weeks for Harare with Emirates. Hope that Zimbabwe does not have the same issues as its neighbors.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like our trip for next month to Zambia is scrapped. Zambia is a fine country, but I don't want to be stranded there!

Zambia is currently having a surge or spike in Covid that is threatening to overwhelm their hospitals. Not their fault, but Emirates' handling of things lacks a lot.

Posts: 539 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sadly, airlines will only fly to destinations that have enough passengers to pay their expenses.

Facts of life, and makes perfect business sense.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66660 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ongwe,

Checked with my sources on the ground in Zambia. There is an upswing in COVID there but the hospitals are not overwhelmed. This was a fake news article. Also Emirates is supposed to continue service to Lusaka starting again in July. Check with Emirates. Muchinga's clients traveling on Emirates next month were assured by Emirates that their flights were secure.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12838 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'm supposed to be hunting in mumbwa west in August, I hope this blows over before then

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Dubai Airport announced today that all terminals will be operating from next month.

Hopefully this is a good sign for all of us.

I have flights booked in July, August and September.

Posts: 66660 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have heard so many positive reviews about Emirates that I wanted to fly with them to Zim in August. Emirates’ uncertain schedules created risks I did not want so I booked with Ethiopian on the recommendation of Gracy. Emirates flights need to be reliable if they want to build business.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I flew Emirates to/from Addis in April. Emirates canceled two first class tickets on me out of Houston and I ended up flying business class out of DFW.

Going out was flawless. Only issue was the "classic African chaotic mess" at the Addis airport. Took three hours to get the rifles cleared.

On the return, Emirates did not let me stay in "their" hotel because the UAE gov would not allow me to leave the airport. I guess this means UAE does not trust the COVID lab in Addis.

Emirates suggested that I spend the night sleeping in a chair in their business class lounge. This was a non-starter. Emirates DID NOT tell me that there are two hotels in the airport in Dubai. I had to figure this out after I got there. Here, Emirates dropped the ball. Otherwise, Emirates is a damn good airline.

The hunting was great. I finished my spiral-horned grand slam.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timbavati:
I flew Emirates to/from Addis in April. Emirates canceled two first class tickets on me out of Houston and I ended up flying business class out of DFW.

Going out was flawless. Only issue was the "classic African chaotic mess" at the Addis airport. Took three hours to get the rifles cleared.

On the return, Emirates did not let me stay in "their" hotel because the UAE gov would not allow me to leave the airport. I guess this means UAE does not trust the COVID lab in Addis.

Emirates suggested that I spend the night sleeping in a chair in their business class lounge. This was a non-starter. Emirates DID NOT tell me that there are two hotels in the airport in Dubai. I had to figure this out after I got there. Here, Emirates dropped the ball. Otherwise, Emirates is a damn good airline.

maybe like other companies this is not the airline the problem but more the employees paid to offer a service they forgot to do ...

Posts: 1720 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medved:
quote:
Originally posted by Timbavati:

maybe like other companies this is not the airline the problem but more the employees paid to offer a service they forgot to do ...

Employees will always screw up. It is management’s job to prevent that. All things considered it seems that Emirates management is not making good decisions. I hope they turn it around because I would rather fly through Dubai than Addis.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Qatar is opening new routes and Emirates is closing existing routes down?

I think this will hurt Emirates in the long run.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13306 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard when Emirates might restart these flights, I'm booked to fly to Lusaka on the 26th of August. I haven't heard anything from Emirates and if it wasn't for following the travel forum wouldn't have known the flights were suspended.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Call Emirates!

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

posted Hide Post
It only about five weeks until I'm supposed to fly to Zambia. I have tried emailing and messaging Emirates but have yet to hear a thing from them and my travel agent isn't getting any joy either. Trying to find any information on the Emirates website is a waste of time as well, only when I go to the manage my booking page does it show that the flights out of Lusaka are suspended. Its not easy (make that impossible) to change flights here as we have to go through two weeks managed isolation on returning home and this has to be booked and I was lucky to get a booking for September, now it is fully booked out to November. I might have to make the call and cancel the hunt and hope I can get back next year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
9.3 stalker
posted 20 July 2021 07:33
It only about five weeks until I'm supposed to fly to Zambia. I have tried emailing and messaging Emirates but have yet to hear a thing from them and my travel agent isn't getting any joy either. Trying to find any information on the Emirates website is a waste of time as well, only when I go to the manage my booking page does it show that the flights out of Lusaka are suspended. Its not easy (make that impossible) to change flights here as we have to go through two weeks managed isolation on returning home and this has to be booked and I was lucky to get a booking for September, now it is fully booked out to November. I might have to make the call and cancel the hunt and hope I can get back next year.

Mark,
What a ghastly scenario. I feel terrible for you knowing how much you've looked forward to and worked towards this.
Possibly a long shot but a PM to Saeed might help getting a bit more info as he is on the scene, so to speak. Jeez mate, hope it all works out for you.
Not to overdo negativity but with the Delta Covid variant doing the rounds now I personally have doubts for we travelling Kiwi hunters for next year too. Hope I'm totally wrong but Delta CV seems to be strengthening it's grip across Africa now.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 1985 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Emirates will resume flights as soon as governments agree on flights and enough passengers available.

This Chink virus is playing havoc with everyone.

There are destinations Emirates had 5 flights a day to, are down to 2 flights a week.

Flew to Sweden a few days ago, they have 3 flights a week, instead of daily flights.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting Saeed. This virus is certainly a pain in the bum, I'll keep an eye on the website and keep my fingers crossed