New
Find
Notify
Tools

emirate flights
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How are the flights with them to SA. They easy to do the gun paperwork. I have used SAA 6 times out of jfk but seem the best price is on emirates right now. Any info would be great
Thanks Bill

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I flew Emirates last March. Good experience. Much better than Delta/SAA which does not seem able to load baggage and passenger on the same plane EVER.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 930 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have flown Emirates to African destinations other than SA but based on my experience I do not hesitate to recommend Emirates if you have that option.
You need to apply for Firearms carriage approval within 30 days of flights but the process is very uncomplicated and straightforward.
I have never had any luggage, firearms and other, not arrive with me but admit to a small sample size.

Considering SAA's current woes I would not book them, even if markedly cheaper.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2013 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
I flew Emirates last year and had zero issues. I will more than likely go that route again this year. I had no issues getting the rifles through and the plane was clean and everything functional with the in flight entertainment. The only negative for me is the travel time was significantly longer going that way vs the Delta direct Atlanta flight.

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 870 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well I booked my trip on emirates and other then a longer flight overall it was a great deal price wise. Lori at travel express did another great job with all the other flights I needed in country.

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote