THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Wuhan Meat Market Video. Nasty place if this is real.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wuhan Meat Market Video. Nasty place if this is real.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Makes my skin crawl. Don't know if it's in Wuhan or Wohoo but it's damn sure in Asia somewhere. Looks like all kind of dread diseases could crop up in that place!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7512 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Video is of a market in Indonesia

Posts: 1045 | Location: Kerrville, Texas USA | Registered: 02 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
60 minutes Australia has a similar video
China wet markets

Posts: 615 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Google -> China wet market

Pretty amazing stuff.
That's where Covid-19 is from and many more....

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2064 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will have a bat gyro with tzatziki sauce.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with anyone eating anything. The inhumane way they treat and kill these animals is barbaric. I dont care if it is a bat or rat, there is a way to treat a living animal. I wish some plague killed them all. The world would be a better place.

Posts: 2532 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Read The Jungle by Upton Sinclair. The US was the same, until he set off reforms with his book.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Savage uncivilized people.

And PETA harasses hunters!

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I have lived in Greece, Turkey, Spain, Italy, Australia, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Djibouti, Turkey, Iraq, Canada and the US.

Seen the same kind of markets in a lot of places allover the world. The Chinese are not alone. But just because this was filmed in Indonesia and not Wuhan doesn't mean that the same thing doesn't exist there.

It was the same in Vietnam, Thailand, Africa, and all of Afghanistan.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Extremely cruel and disgusting and 100% unsanitary! That one is indeed from Indonesia.

This is why we have so many zoonotic diseases coming from the east. Unhygienic, filthy people.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
What a filthy, savage people.
c

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unhygienic, filthy people

This all relative.

An Arab, a Jew and an Englishman were in a train compartment.

A fly comes and lands on the Englishman.

"Get off you FILTHY creature" trying to swat the fly.

A few minutes later, a fly lands on the Arab.

Slowly he sneaked his hands to it, caught it, and ate it.

A few minutes later, a fly comes and lands on the Jew.

He repeated what his cousin the Arab did, and caught the fly.

He said to the Arab, offering him the fly "would you like to buy a fly?"

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66768 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
Not the worst I have seen by any means. I must say they have a big array of species but not to dirty by any means. I remember a market in masaya, nicaragua in 1999 that was far worsein terms of hygenic means

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Video is from somewhere in Asia, but don't think its China. Have spent months at a time on the ground there & been to a lot of markets & never seen anything like whats being shown here.

Have any of you guys ever spent time in China before ? Not all all like it is often portrayed by the MSM.

Posts: 1007 | Registered: 21 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I quit after less than a minute. May God forgive this cruelty.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 859 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zrp:
Video is from somewhere in Asia, but don't think its China. Have spent months at a time on the ground there & been to a lot of markets & never seen anything like whats being shown here.

Have any of you guys ever spent time in China before ? Not all all like it is often portrayed by the MSM.

I have been in China and several towns in 2011. Some years ago, but went to a couple of food markets. Did see a lot of strange stuff, but nothing like this. However, we were adviced not to buy anything do to risk og getting sick due to different bacteria etc in our system not used to the bacteria system in China. Food in restaurants however was very nice all over.

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
I quit after less than a minute. May God forgive this cruelty.

+1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36417 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was just looking at the hundred or so cows and calves that I can see out my window right now. I wish that some enterprising videographer would follow them from branding to slaughtering and the migrants who process them to your 4th of July bbq.

There is a book, I can't remember the title that states something to the effect of "god gave humans dominion over the creatures for our benefit."

We have no idea what it is like to live where others live and some might be damn happy to eat a snake or a monkey or a bat or what ever.

Just because we can pick and choose what we eat and ironically choose to not eat because we have so much and need to decrease our calorie count does not make us better just more judgmental.

Again paraphrasing here; "Until you have walked in another persons shoes--"

Keep judging other on the interweb. Being privileged does not make one right.

A great deal of people claim, especially on this forum. to be these self reliant heroes but when we see people who truly have to be self reliant. They get a little sqeemish. Maybe we have never actually been hungry.

Have a great day having to make the great sacrifice of sitting on your computer passing judgment on others.

Posts: 457 | Location: NW Nebraska | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Pet store from hell.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote