New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Zimbabwe lockdown
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 11911 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've asked some folks on the ground how this effects safari hunters and will report back. I think if you go straight to your hunting camp your fine.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
48 hours now rather than 72 hours before arrival to have a negative Covid test. Good thing I am taking the Red Eye out of Los Angeles on Saturday July 17th. I will have to get my test as early as possible that morning, receive the results, download them to Ethiopia Airlines then to the airport to make the 48 hour cut by the time we arrive in Harare. Ugh!

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1846 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some of us will be in airports for more than 48 hours. I 100% agree.

I am being told it does not impact the hunters except under unusual circumstances.

Posts: 11911 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’m glad I decided to drive to Dulles to start my trip there instead of Chicago and then over-nighting in DC. No way could I get a test done within 48 hours of arrival in Harare if I started the trip from here.

Posts: 567 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The requirement is for a COVID test 48 hours before departure; not arrival. I talked with Guy Whittall today and he said these changes shouldn't affect our hunt.

Posts: 109 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 07 October 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
I'm ready to buy plane tickets for the end of October but I keep waiting and watching.. Ugh - will this crap EVER end...

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Zimbabwe has done a terrible job of communicating this as 48 hours before ARRIVAL is hugely different than 48 hours prior to DEPARTURE. And these travel websites as linked above are all over the place.

ON 6/16, the Minister of Environment, Climate, Tourism and Hospitality explicitly stated in an interview with Amalinda Lodge that it is 48 hours before DEPARTURE. The interview can be found on Amalinda Safari Collection Facebook page.

Two Zim PH’s confirmed this is what they are seeing with clients arriving.

This is from Amalinda’s post, mirroring what the Minister stated:
quote:
As long as you have your test 48 hours before your first flight to Zimbabwe, it does not matter how long it takes you to get to Zimbabwe.

We know there has been concern, and that people thought you had to have your test 48hours before landing in Zim, however, we are pleased to announce differently.
Also, it was always 48 hours I am pretty sure, not 72, since Zim opened.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Don’t blame Zimbabwe.

Most of the world is just as screwed up.

Looking at a list of countries the other day, on made sense in their stupid rules except Morocco!

Only country saying if you are vaccinated you don’t need a test.

And if you are not you need!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66769 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope Tanzania doesn't go to 48 hours. As it is, I leave on a Monday and will have to get the test that morning and then go to the airport that afternoon. I don't want to be looking for a test during a layover.

Posts: 9954 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
As rules change constantly I suggest you check with you travel agent.

They should know up to date info.

Posts: 66769 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Namibia did a very good job, and continues to do so, in conveying a realistic process. One may not like the requirements, but at least their timeline for testing is realistic and the process clearly and reliably communicated, allowing travelers, travel agents and outfitters to be 100% confident in the requirements.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
my wife was looking up some things last night . Apparently, there are some places that say 48 hours BEFORE departure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
48 hours before departure I can deal with. 48 hours before arrival could be very difficult but I am going to try and time it that way just in case.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1846 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just heard from Shawn Kennedy at Gracy Travel. She says the rule is negative Covid test 48 hours prior to DEPARTURE and self-quarantine for ten days in camp after arrival in Zim.

Posts: 567 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdirks:
Just heard from Shawn Kennedy at Gracy Travel. She says the rule is negative Covid test 48 hours prior to DEPARTURE and self-quarantine for ten days in camp after arrival in Zim.

What is self quarantine in camp?

Does that mean being stuck in your tent in the camp??

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

That means go hunting. This is the same feedback I'm getting from on the ground in Zim.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 7 day hunt, will they make me stay in camp another 3 days? I'd like to stay 30 days but that's not the issue.

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
I was to fly from SA to Zim Thursday for a vacation and to visit friends. I decided to cancel as I didn't want a surprise airport closure (like the surprise border closure) when there. So, flying home Friday with Steve Turner's assistance and will vacation in Zim next year.

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I left May 22: travel to Zim was:

Get your test result WITHIN 48HRS of your first flight taking off. Easy peasy.

My daughter and I took a test one evening, and another the next morning, just to be sure we'd get our results within "the window." Worked fine & we got both in time.

Oh, and I did a search for "free covid testing" so I didn't pay for any of the tests. Other than with my tax dollars, of course...

Posts: 430 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote