THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Question regarding locks on gun case and ammo

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question regarding locks on gun case and ammo
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of swaincreek
posted
I am somewhat confused on the types of locks for gun case and ammo box (Pelican ) . Traveling on Delta to Jo'Burg and SAA on to Port Elizabeth.

I have read that TSA locks are not acceptable on the gun case.?? Thought about smaall keyed pad locks on both. Can the pad lock on the gun case be the same key as padlock on the ammo box??

Posts: 160 | Location: Lakeland Fl . | Registered: 16 July 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yes, but I would get a high-quality padlock (e.g., Master).

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For Pelican gun case. -- I use Master Lock 630D -- get them at Home Depot.
Lightweight aluminum, strong & secure, set your own combo. Best combination of weight, usefulness and convenience I've found.

For ammo box, you must use a TSA accessable lock.

Jack Hood

DRSS

Posts: 253 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 19 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used a good Master keyed lock on the gun case and TSA on the checked baggage. As for as the ammo box, I have always used a MTM plastic box and duck taped it and put it in my checked duffle bag.No problems on 5 trips.

One of Us
Picture of Upton O. Good
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Randy W Martin:
I used a good Master keyed lock on the gun case and TSA on the checked baggage. As for as the ammo box, I have always used a MTM plastic box and duck taped it and put it in my checked duffle bag.No problems on 5 trips.

Ditto.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use a TuffPak for my rifles so the installed vending machine style lock is all I use on it.
I use a lockable pistol case for my ammo & just use the installed looking system on it as well.
3 trips with 0 problems.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote