New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brisbane Australia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am headed to a fishing trip in Papua and will be flying thru Brisbane.

Anything cool to do there ? It may also be my backup spot to chill out if covid19 cancels the trip.

Thanks

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Get up to Cairns and hit the croc farms, do some Barra fishing and see the sights.

Big tourist trap, nice place!

Posts: 7767 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get hold of Clark McGhie, R.I.D.G.E. Group, clarkmcghie@bigpond.com and chase a few Red stags and/or Rusa on one of his concessions only an hour away from Brisbane. Top bloke.

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
Depends on what you want to do and who will be with you. You can head down to the Gold Coast, nice beach, good food, and if you have kids there several amusement parks. In Brisbane you can go to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary or Daisy Hill Koala Centre (outside of Brisbane 435 hectares), you can head to Byron Bay (home of Wicked Weasel Bikinis). Fly up to Carins and then to Port Douglas for a reef tour. Better tours out of PD than Cairns and better beach.

From the airport you can take the train to Downtown Brisbane and get a hotel around the station. The train goes south to the Gold Coast and north to the Sunshine Coast.

Posts: 751 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Get your face bit by a dog and have plastic surgery in Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote