Find
Notify
Tools

Mobile Passport App
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MikeE
posted
If you have not used this yet, do it. I signed up on the plane this afternoon, at the urging of my buddy traveling with me. Downloaded the app, filled in the data, scanned my passport, done.

No more paper forms, or lines, was even faster than Global Entry line.

Big plus for me, was no X on the kiosk paper slip, skipping that step altogether. Seems like I get that every time, but no more!

Master of Boats,
Slayer of Beasts,
Charmer of the fair sex, ......
and sometimes changer of the diaper.....

Posts: 347 | Location: HackHousBerg, TX & LA | Registered: 12 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up Mike! I'll give it a go.

Posts: 1789 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Agree with Mike. I have had for a year. Sometimes it’s faster than Global Entry. Last weekend I used GE and I had a buddy get the app that day, he beat me to baggage.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I've been out of the country 7 times in the last year and never knew about this.

Thanks,

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Where does one find this app? State Department website? Apple Store?

Posts: 3851 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DLS

Google Mobile Passport App and it will pop right up.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12861 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had it since it was first announced at the Atlanta airport. However, ever since Atlanta moved to the new kiosks, it's faster to use them than Mobile Passport or Global Entry. But I still have it on my phone just in case...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
I've had it since it was first announced at the Atlanta airport. However, ever since Atlanta moved to the new kiosks, it's faster to use them than Mobile Passport or Global Entry. But I still have it on my phone just in case...

I hate the kiosks, I always get the "X", I was told once it is because I have brought firearms in or out before. Yesterday was the first time I did not get the extra attention and delay, in yet another line. I usually only travel out of the country once a year for hunting, but several times a year for business. So this app makes perfect sense for me.

And it's free.

Master of Boats,
Slayer of Beasts,

Posts: 347 | Location: HackHousBerg, TX & LA | Registered: 12 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, I get it. The X is a PIA.

tu2

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
I have both, but use GE as there is a GE only exit out of Customs.

Posts: 751 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i just downloaded this.

GE and the kiosk are burden given I get marked X even when I am not traveling with firearms.

I have been standing in the regular line and have not had issues.

The IT systems are a joke.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, your problem is not getting out of the country, it's getting back in! :-)

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I never get an X, so the kiosks are faster. I deleted the app as it took up phone space and was no help.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
I never get an X, so the kiosks are faster. I deleted the app as it took up phone space and was no help.

Not Saturday at IAH they were not, long line to get to them at all. No line for mobile app.

Master of Boats,
Slayer of Beasts,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, I will try it on the way back from Turkey.
I always carry GE as well.

Posts: 1789 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
bwanajay -

You are aware of the current dust-up between Turkey and the USA regarding issuance of visas?

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have it used it many times. Much faster than not using anything. Not quite as fast as GE by about 3 min. Just tested buddy had GE I had MP
Just my experience

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I applied and received my evisa before OCT 8th, so thankfully I'm good to go.

Thanks Mike

quote:
bwanajay -

You are aware of the current dust-up between Turkey and the USA regarding issuance of visas?

Mike

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
I used it for the first time yesterday, flying from Barcelona to JFK.

One person in the line ahead of me, a sea of humanity everywhere else.

Saved tons of time; wife and I blew through customs in less than five minutes Big Grin , and off to the so so Delta lounge, where there was yet another sea of humanity Mad .

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tried to use mobile app in Houston last Sunday, put in all the info and submitted wouldn't let me finish, double checked info and same thing, went through the kiosk and got an x but it was still not to bad

Posts: 1012 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote