Find
Notify
Tools

form 4457
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted
anyone have most recent news on this form and a link to it online.

Willi

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to Gracy Travel website. They have a downloadable 4457 form on their site.

Posts: 477 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTW, the 4457 is not just for firearms but for valuables. When you go to the Customs office also put down the rifle scope(s), binos, that Rolex watch, etc, on the form. This could come in handy if you happen to run into a Customs agent upon your re-entry into the U.S. who wants to be an SOB.

Posts: 477 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Willi,

The bottom line is it is safest to just get a new one each time you travel with guns. If you know your guns are on the most current rendition of the 4457 form your good but otherwise just get new ones and avoid a hassle.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12864 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
No need to get a new one every time unless you're traveling to Africa. I've not heard of any other hunting destination in the world that requires a new 4457 each time, except Africa.

One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted Hide Post
thanks, all, working though all the Africa gun paperwork issues.

good chance this will be the last trip there, getting to be to full of paperwork nightmares.

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnDL:
BTW, the 4457 is not just for firearms but for valuables. When you go to the Customs office also put down the rifle scope(s), binos, that Rolex watch, etc, on the form. This could come in handy if you happen to run into a Customs agent upon your re-entry into the U.S. who wants to be an SOB.

I have 4457 for all my fishing reels, cameras, optics, computers ect.

It’s excellent for overseas travel and customs everywhere. I just tell them all this stuff is registered with us government and goes back to the us and give them a handful of official stamped documents. Makes life easy as custom officials the world around like stamped documents.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote