THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Custom with no serial number

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom with no serial number
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Flipper Dude
posted
Hey guys. Just had a rifle put together from a spare barrel I had and an Enfield action. Beautiful. Problem is, no serial number. Had been taken off of action before I acquired it. Barrel is stamped “404 Jeffery”. That is the only visible marking on the rifle. Can I use that for the Serial number on the 4457? Should I have a number engraved on the bottom of the bolt? On the action and rust blued?

Looking for ideas. Thanks

Posts: 255 | Location: Huffman, TX.  | Registered: 04 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would have a number stamped or engraved on it just to be on the safe side. In some countries it is a criminal offence to alter the serial number of a firearm so be careful

Member NRA, NFA,CSSA,DSC,SCI,AFGA

Posts: 263 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just have # you like stamped or engraved on the barrel.

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remember the serial number must be on the "frame or receiver" The number only needs to be on the barrel if the weapon is a switch barrel. I believe that you can pick the number for the weapon. I might add my initials to decrease the chance for duplication with an existing Enfield.

Posts: 117 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flipper Dude
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellows. Appreciate the input

Mark, I’ll get you to set me up a hunt with Neil to try this baby out

Drew

Posts: 255 | Location: Huffman, TX.  | Registered: 04 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Use your birthday as a serial number.
Worked for me. Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
Drew,

Paddle 10 is correct. The number needs to be on the receiver. Brain fart on my part. We'll work out that hunt with Neil anytime your ready.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote