THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Hotel-Pension Onganga - Windhoek

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hotel-Pension Onganga - Windhoek
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted
Anyone stayed here recently? Considering them for my first and last night in Windhoek. Anyone know if they will store firearms?

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

Posts: 566 | Location: Ouray, CO | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
I've never stayed there, but I have stayed at Safari Court, Roof of Africa and Hotel Villa Verde. In my opinion, Safari Court is the way to go, far more luxurious than the other two yet only a few dollars more per night. They have safes at the front desk as well as lockable closets in your room. They also stored my luggage (including firearms) in a locked room after check out while I went into the city my last day there.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Cumming, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jriley
posted Hide Post
I've stayed at the Onganga and Safari Court. The Onganga offers a good, basic, clean room at a very low price. They store firearms in their safe at the office. The young couple that runs the place are very nice.
The Safari Court just let me take my gun case to my room. I then stored it in a locked closet.
I would say that both are good choices. The food at the Onganga was top notch, especially the gemsbok filet. I also enjoyed the breakfast buffet at the Safari Court which comes with the room.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I stayed at Onganga for three days in 2005. Great place. Quiet, very clean, good food and nice hosts. They took me into town two mornings for shopping. I will probably stay there again when I go back in 2009.
John

Posts: 154 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 10 March 2004Reply With Quote