THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Update on Firearms check in at Dulles

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update on Firearms check in at Dulles
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted
Just checked in - United Business Class enroute to Bucharest to hunt with Horia / Unforgettable Hunting for Chamois and then onto to Istanbul to hunt Ibex with Shikar as part of Tim Herald's group hunt..

Check in was basically flawless - no issues, no hassles, took me about 30 min from start to finish..

TSA did open my gun case this time (they did not in Sept) peaked inside and locked it back up..

No one asked about my 4457 anywhere along the line so far...

Sitting in the United Club having a Martini now :-)

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scott,

Sounds perfect! Hope you asked for Bombay Sapphire as it makes delicious martinis.

Travel safe and shoot straight!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
Came back thru Dulles on Saturday - once again, no issues at all.. Secondary inspection was a bit busier that in the past and it took me about 45min to get through, including 20 min waiting for my turn...

Gave the officer my 4457, he checked whatever on his computer, I opened the gun case, serial numbers checked and I was on my way...

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote