THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    JUST WHEN YOU THINK YOU'VE HEARD ALL THE SILLY RESTRICTIONS...................

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JUST WHEN YOU THINK YOU'VE HEARD ALL THE SILLY RESTRICTIONS...................
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Guys,

For me this one takes the cake. I have an Australian client that is hunting Cameroon next month. His route takes him from Australia to Paris and then down to Cameroon. In the leg from Australia to Paris he has to fly over the Indian sub continent and no there is no other practical route. Note that he flies over India not lands there. He has to have a special permit from the Indian government to fly over the country!!! With this added to all the regular airport hassles with guns and having to send his passport to Paris to get a Cameroon gun permit my client has just surrendered and has chosen to use camp guns. I think we have accept that idiots worldwide are now making all the rules.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12838 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Insane! Mad

Administrator
posted Hide Post
The English invented beaurocracy and the Indians are perfecting it!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66667 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the city of Frankfort Germany. A few years ago they decided you needed a special Frankfort Gun Permit, even if you were just passing through and had checked your baggage through to Africa and never took possession of your guns. At the same time, Air Namibia decided to charge $100 US each way for gun boxes. That’s when I decided to use camp guns and fly through London. Screw the Kraut losers.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1381 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
MORE Revenue from Permits.

Posts: 2316 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I used to ship my rifles ahead from Dubai to Zimbabwe, going through South Africa.

Went smoothly for a number of years, then the South Africans threw a monkey wrench in the works.

We had to obtain, and pay for, what they called transit fees.

That was the last time I hunted Zimbabwe, luckily, before Comrade Bob ruined everything and we decided to go to Tanzania instead.

I also think several countries require a permit for the "overflight" of firearms, including some European countries and the US.

This is normally obtained automatically by the shippers.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66667 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
A few years ago we landed in Frankfurt while coming back from Africa after one of our safaris. Even though my guns were checked all the way through, some idiot off loaded the guns in baggage. I had to pick them up. My wife had already departed the area and was waiting through the doors for me. She started freaking out when I didn't show up. Needless to say, I was in a mess and the Germans literally did not know what to do with me and the guns. They took almost two hours looking through manuals trying to figure out what to do and nothing. Finally I suggested that they contact Delta to try and assist. The Delta rep came down to the room and I was out of there in 5 minutes. We made the connecting flight by the skin of our teeth. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bud Meadows:
Sounds like the city of Frankfort Germany. A few years ago they decided you needed a special Frankfort Gun Permit, even if you were just passing through and had checked your baggage through to Africa and never took possession of your guns. At the same time, Air Namibia decided to charge $100 US each way for gun boxes. That’s when I decided to use camp guns and fly through London. Screw the Kraut losers.

Frankfurt dropped the transit permit requirement several years ago. It was originally imposed by the city mayor. The German Federal govt stepped in and said the city did NOT have any authority over the airport. Been through a couple of times before it was imposed and after it was dropped.

Air Namibia still charges the extra firearm fees however. As a frequent flier program member of theirs, I got an email from them several weeks ago advertising/promoting discounted tickets. Emailed them back and told them even with their discounts, by the time the extra fees ($100.00 US per rifle case, EACH WAY) that still made them higher than other options from Germany. Eurowings flies into to Windhoek several days a week but, unfortunately, NOT from Frankfurt.

Posts: 571 | Location: Somewhere between here and there. | Registered: 28 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I thought that those laws were unenforceable.

Years ago a number of Middle Eastern countries tried to get the airlines to stop serving alcohol while flying through their airspace but it got thrown out by one of the International courts.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12500 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unless I am hunting dangerous game, I just use the camp rifles. Travel is so much easier without firearms.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1846 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote