THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    EEI and CBP requirements - any news?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EEI and CBP requirements - any news?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
I went out of Dallas last September and did the full monty that they required. Sounds like they have not changed, despite the changes that went into effect on March 9th.

I contacted a CBP officer at DFW and followed their instructions. It was quite easy and quick, at least at that time. Didn't need an EIN or a business entity - just an individual going to Africa to hunt. PM me if you'd like and I'll walk you through some additional information.

Posts: 724 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
I received this response today. It appears the "new rule" did not help us.

April 8, 2020
*This message is being forwarded on behalf of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection*
ITAR Exemption Update (CSMS #42278384)
In response to the Federal Register Notice (FRN)/ Vol 85, No. 15/ Thursday, January 23, 2020/ Rules and Regulations, the following exemptions have been removed from the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and removed from the Automated Export System Trade Interface Requirements (AESTIR) Appendix O:
22 CFR 123.17 (a) (1) Components and parts for Category I (a) firearms not exceeding $100 wholesale.
22 CFR 123.17 (a) (2) Components and parts for Category I firearms not exceeding $500 wholesale to Canada.
22 CFR 123.17 (a) (3) Components and parts for Category I firearms not exceeding $500 wholesale to Canadian Government.
22 CFR 123.17 (b) Non-automatic Category I (a) firearms manufactured in or before 1898 or replica.
22 CFR 123.17 (c) Temporary export of no more than three non-automatic Category I (a) firearms and no more than 1,000 cartridges.
22 CFR 123.17 (d) Firearms for foreign persons brought in under 27 CFR 178.115 (d).
22 CFR 123.17 (e) Not more than 1,000 cartridges of ammunition for non-automatic firearms for personal use.
22 CFR 123.18 (a) (1) Non-automatic firearms for servicemen’s clubs for members of U.S. Armed Forces.
22 CFR 123.18 (a) (2) Non-automatic firearms for personal use by member of U.S. Armed Forces or civilian employee of Department of Defense.
22 CFR 123.18 (a) (3) Non-automatic firearms for personal use by U.S. Government employees.
22 CFR 123.18 (b) Not more than 1,000 cartridges of ammunition for personal use by U.S. Government employees.
85 FR 3819 State Cat I-III firearms rule published rule 1-23-20 and effective 3-9-20.pdf

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote