THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Zambia requiring covid test when leaving

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zambia requiring covid test when leaving
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just got an e-mail from Mark Young,
Zambia is now requiring a COVID test on departure. Imagine the mess this morning in the Lusaka airport.
They didn't even announce it before hand. People showing up at the airport were told you have to get a test before you get on the plan.

You really have to love Africa to try to go in these trying times

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Utter stupidity. Normal course of business for much of Africa.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2291 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well! The test on departure is a PIA for tourists and poorly administered by the Zambian government. There is a good reason though for instituting the test on departure coming from the Zambian point of view.

Zambia does quite a lot of business in and through RSA. RSA is allowing Zambian citizens to enter but they need a COVID test to enter. Therefore everyone leaving Zambia is required to have a COVID test.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12857 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Well! The test on departure is a PIA for tourists and poorly administered by the Zambian government. There is a good reason though for instituting the test on departure coming from the Zambian point of view.

Zambia does quite a lot of business in and through RSA. RSA is allowing Zambian citizens to enter but they need a COVID test to enter. Therefore everyone leaving Zambia is required to have a COVID test.

Mark

Well, that makes some sense. It's just how things are going this year. Better days are ahead.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It makes sense only if you are traveling to or through South Africa. It makes no sense if you’re flying through Addis like I am in a couple of weeks. It just kills a couple of hunting days going back to Lusaka early to obtain the test, the results and certificate.

Richard

Posts: 41 | Location: Memphis, Tennessee | Registered: 19 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by REMN JR:
It makes sense only if you are traveling to or through South Africa. It makes no sense if you’re flying through Addis like I am in a couple of weeks. It just kills a couple of hunting days going back to Lusaka early to obtain the test, the results and certificate.

Yes. Exactly!

Posts: 41766 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I won't be losing any hunting days, will stay 2 days longer and could have hunted those days but choose not to. Changing flights is the biggest problem. You really have to love Africa to go in these trying times.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Some airlines require a test before allowing you on.

Something I think is right in the present circumstances.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66901 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Agree with Saeed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gee I wonder what an African quarantine facility looks like if you pop positive? Because African hunts are expensive the majority of hunters probably have multiple co- morbidities like age, weight, etc. Getting intubated could be a real Africa experience. I wonder what the Global Rescue policy is on C-19 infected patients?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Hunting is supposed to be a pleasurable experience, and I love to hunt as much as the next man.

But, until all this hoopla about the virus is cleared, I am not leaving home.

With all the new lock ups in Europe, we are actually living a normal life here, and I am not going to change that.

Posts: 66901 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
US citizens are no longer required to have a COVID test on departure from Zambia.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12857 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
US citizens are no longer required to have a COVID test on departure from Zambia.

Mark

You have to be kidding me. Two weeks ago and over $500 to change things, then they change it back. Well, who knows. They may change it again before I leave on the 9th. You really have to be abscessed with Africa to go in these crazy times.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bama15:
quote:

Mark

You have to be kidding me. Two weeks ago and over $500 to change things, then they change it back. Well, who knows. They may change it again before I leave on the 9th. You really have to be abscessed with Africa to go in these crazy times.

It is not just Africa that is changing the rules, so frequently!

It is a world problem now.

Best of luck.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Randy,

Just rec'd confirmation on cancellation of the COVID test requirement for departure from Zambia this AM. Muchinga put four clients on the plane yesterday without a test.

Gotta love Africa and our changing COVID world!!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com