THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    China’s $1 trillion Belt and Road Initiative (BRI)

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

China’s $1 trillion Belt and Road Initiative (BRI)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt.Purvis
posted
Headed back to Botswana in August. Have not been since Covid. Curious if much infrastructure has taken place during pandemic. There were already a good amount of Chinese living and working in Francistown. See link
https://ecfr.eu/article/chinas...-europe-and-america/

Posts: 513 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 09 November 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I was in Kasane last August. Didn’t see much difference than previous visits.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13137 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
New bridge?

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Where. The nearest bridge to Kasane is at Kazangula, 12-15 miles away and I have no idea if there is a new bridge there.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13137 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kazungula is only 5-6 miles from Kasane - there is indeed a new bridge which was completed last year and is now operational - passed a couple of weeks ago. It does appear to have been ADB (generally underwritten by the World Bank) funded - no idea who the contractor was??

Posts: 196 | Location: The frozen north of Scotland | Registered: 01 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Last year at the end of my hunt with Alan Vincent in Mlele, we drove out to Mpanda for me to catch a commercial flight back to Dar. The last couple hours were on a brand new major roadway being built from Inyonga to Mpanda, about a 2+ hour drive. Everywhere were Chinese workers and all equipment had “China Railway unit 7” painted on it. Alan told me the road had been dirt until the Chinese came in.

There is going to be (already is) a very high price to be paid when China calls in their markers.

Posts: 3851 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
There is going to be (already is) a very high price to be paid when China calls in their markers.

I understand that China doesn't lend money, but buys mineral rights.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote