Find
Notify
Tools

Emirates - Current reports?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted
Departing SFO-Dubai-JNB-HRE and return on 2 AUG. Anything new from current travelers with firearms? Did the complimentary hotel/transfer/meals work OK? Anything?

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just make sur you have your guns and ammo registerd with the police way ahead of time in Dubai.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
All I have is an email from Emirates stating my firearms have been cleared and are logged into my reservation file. Sort of a less than ideal document, but apparently all you get.

Has anyone ever had any luck negotiating a business class upgrade at below market pricing while standing at the ticket counter for a less than full flight?

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What elk said, you have to apply for permission ahead of time to transit dubai with firearms. You do this through Emirates airline, they will do the application and should present you a letter of permission when you first check in to their airline counter. Remember to make application for both to and from. Not really a problem if you do your due diligence. I just flew them to and from Joberg June/July .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It sounds like you have your permission. All I received ahead of time was a voice message stating I had been cleared. Then when I transfered in Dallas from American Airlines to Emirates, A lady met me at check in with the letter. It was very useful both going over and coming home. At one point on the return trip I was delayed at the boarding gate and directed to her supervisor who was nearby. They knew from looking at their screen that I was traveling with guns and that caused the delay. I showed the letter and was quickly showed to the head of the line for boarding. They also knew I was traveling with my wife and son and they were quickly moved to boarding with me. The letter seemed almost magical at that gate.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, and the meals on the flight were very good. All drinks are included except champagne. Fair selection of wines and about anything else you want. For that long flight though, do drink as much water as you can get.