New
Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have just been told that the president of Namibia announced a reopening for tourism. Apparently hunters have to go to the hunting area and not leave for 7 days.

Who is flying there now? No clue.

This came straight from a PH in Namibia. True or not, I do not know.

Posts: 11927 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry it is true that "tourists" can come in but as you pointed out, they must quarantine at their destination for 7 days. I highlight tourists because the only one's allowed in are from SA. They are setting up roadblocks along the border with Angola to stop folks from coming in. In addition, the Erongo region will remain on lockdown until the end of August as CV-19 is rapidly spreading in the region.

Each announcement from the government is a surprise, so not sure any of the airlines are going to commit to reopening flights only to have the country or regions of the country shut down.

Based on what I see and hear, it's still too early to make definitive plans.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Larry it is true that "tourists" can come in but as you pointed out, they must quarantine at their destination for 7 days. I highlight tourists because the only one's allowed in are from SA. They are setting up roadblocks along the border with Angola to stop folks from coming in. In addition, the Erongo region will remain on lockdown until the end of August as CV-19 is rapidly spreading in the region.

Each announcement from the government is a surprise, so not sure any of the airlines are going to commit to reopening flights only to have the country or regions of the country shut down.

Based on what I see and hear, it's still too early to make definitive plans.

That is consistent with what I heard. I have also been told that a test will be administered upon entering the country.

Posts: 11927 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My PH has just whatsapp’d me that they are starting safaris from tomorrow.
Getting there is the difficult thing......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if US citizens are allowed in, assuming they can find a flight? Looks like maybe Qatar from New York to Doha thru Joberg into Windhoek in September?

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
I doubt if RSA is going to open in September even to transit flights.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If they could just get to Cape Verde, I could swim the rest.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote