THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Evicted White Zimbabwean Farmer Told He's Going Home

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Evicted White Zimbabwean Farmer Told He's Going Home
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
Complete change in the government attitude?

HARARE (Reuters) - A white Zimbabwean farmer kicked off his property at gunpoint in June has been told he will be going home within days, the first signs of the post-Robert Mugabe government making good on promises to respect agricultural property rights.

Rob Smart, a 71-year-old farmer from the eastern district of Rusape, said he understood his case had been taken up by new President Emmerson Mnangagwa, who heard of Smart's violent eviction while at an investment conference in Johannesburg.

"Apparently Mnangagwa saw that and flipped his lid," Smart told Reuters by telephone, saying new provincial minister of state Monica Mutsvangwa had assured him the eviction would be reversed.

"Our new governor is getting us back on the farm," he said.

Here's the link:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/a...hite-zimbabwean.html

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12500 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe there is hope? I doubt it but I suppose it is possible.

Posts: 362 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That sounds encouraging but I'm not holding my breath?

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12838 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
All one has to remember is the simple fact that the current ruler has been chosen by Mugabe to represent him.

It only changed when his wife wanted that job.

He is as guilty of all the crimes that have plagued Zimbabwe as Mugabe himself!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66667 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With Zimbabwe in the worlds’s mind, I am sure he will go out of his way to represent his new regime for lack of a better phrase a reasonable arbitrary of liberty.

I am also hoping regardless of his past abdominal sins, he realizes that for him to survive Zimbabwe must be resucued from the failed state it has become, and protecting folks with not just the metaphysical concept of property rights, but having folks in control of agriculture that know what they are doing will force him to be more practical or reasonable than his predecessor.

My fear is when the world is not watching and forgets about Zimbabwe what will he do?

Posts: 10547 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
Well let see if they start by going back to 2000 and start reversing those...

Mike

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10039 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Terrible to say but there's too many people over there and a lot of other places. Sumpin got a give.

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will there be any restitution to him for damages caused by this?

Posts: 222 | Location: Peculiar, MO | Registered: 19 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Sure- a truckload of Zim dollars...

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind this is a Country run by incompetent, corrupt, racist Communist blacks. A leopard can’t change it’s spots.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1381 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Dettorre:
Well let see if they start by going back to 2000 and start reversing those...

+1

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heeler75:
Will there be any restitution to him for damages caused by this?

Once he establishes his goodwill among western nations and succeeds in reversing bans and sanctions, it is very likely that these western powers will loosen the purse strings.

Among some of the conditions that normally come into play in the context of these agreements will be amounts set aside for compensations and/or grants to individuals whose properties were lost and plundered to help in getting their feet back on the ground.

Posts: 1857 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.zimbabwesituation.c...gwas-zimbabwe-today/

US Senators Debate Mnangagwa’s Zimbabwe Today

December 12, 2017 12:40 PM
Source: US Senators Debate Mnangagwa’s Zimbabwe Today | ZimEye

US senators are today discussing Zimbabwe’s future following the rise of Emmerson Mangagwa and former Finance Minister Tendai Biti is one of the panelists. The sessions are being held in New York, NY and Washington, DC.

The programs start at 2pm and the outline is as below:

The Future of Zimbabwe
Subcommittee on Africa and Global Health Policy

Date: Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Presiding: Senator Flake

Panel One
The Honorable Stephanie Sullivan
Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau Of African Affairs
U.S. Department of State
Washington, DC
Panel Two
Mr. Peter Godwin
Author And Journalist
New York, NY
Mr. Tendai Biti
Former Finance Minister And Opposition Leader
Harare, Zimbabwe
Mr. Dewa Mavhinga
Southern Africa Director
Human Rights Watch
Johannesburg, South Africa

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9339 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Cleric who grabbed land from white Zim farmer ignores Mnangagwa's directive - report

Rusape – A Zimbabwean cleric, Trevor Manhanga, who was recently given a directive by President Emmerson Mnangagwa's government to vacate the farm he grabbed from a white farmer, Robert Smart, in Rusape in June, has remained adamant he will "stay put".

Smart was evicted from his farm in Rusape, Manicaland province in June after heavily armed Zimbabwean riot police besieged his property and forcefully pushed him out to make way for Manhanga, who had links with the then president Robert Mugabe

https://www.news24.com/Africa/...tive-report-20171213

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12500 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
White Zimbabwean farmer Rob Smart and his two sons returned to their farm with ululations from former workers six months after he was forced out by police during ex-president Robert Mugabe's reign. Matthew Larotonda reports

https://www.yahoo.com/news/whi...eized-102617592.html

Frank

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow!

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12838 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
...only 4000 more to go.

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.enca.com/africa/zi...te-farmers-mnangagwa

Zimbabwe will not return land to white farmers: Mnangagwa

AFRICASaturday 10 February 2018 - 5:27pm

HARARE – Zimbabwean President Emmerson Mnangagwa on Saturday said the country will not return land seized from former white commercial farmers almost two decades ago.

"It will never happen," Mnangagwa said in a speech to his ZANU-PF party supporters in central Zimbabwe, broadcast on television.

His statement comes two months after white farmer Robert Smart got his land back after being evicted in June by ex-president Robert Mugabe's government.

Zimbabwe embarked on a violent land reform programme in 2000, taking over white-owned farms to resettle landless blacks.

Thousands of white farmers were forced off their land by mobs or evicted, with Mugabe saying the reforms would help black people marginalised under British colonial rule.

Critics blame the land redistribution for the collapse in agricultural production that saw the former regional breadbasket become a perennial food importer.

The government has indicated it will issue 99-year bankable leases to beneficiaries of land reform but Mnangagwa on Saturday said landowners must be more productive.

"Our land must be productive. We must mechanise and modernise our agriculture," he said, adding that the land reforms were "irreversible".

Mnangagwa, who came to power after a military intervention ended Mugabe's decades-old rule last year, said new elections would be held in July.

"We want a peaceful election. We want a united people. There is no reason for ZANU-PF to be violent. There is no reason for any political party to be violent."

The former deputy president said his government's top priority was to revive the ailing economy.

"Our economy is struggling, unemployment is high, our youth lack opportunities, too many people are unable to afford essential goods for their families and our infrastructure is stuck in the past," he said.

eNCA

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9339 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The former deputy president said his government's top priority was to revive the ailing economy.

That just ain't gonna happen without the white farmers.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com