New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which airlines to Zimbabwe?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
When things open on October 1, does anyone know which airlines will be flying there?

Thanks!

Posts: 11932 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ethiopian and Emirates

Posts: 129 | Location: west MN | Registered: 22 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry,

Both airlines that rglenz mentioned will be carrying passengers to Harare but Emirates will require a negative Covid test 48 hours before your return flight. Because of that I think Ethiopian is a better alternative as they have no such requirement. They are doing a great job in and out of Zambia this year.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12852 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,
I looked at some flights on a couple of date ranges this morning DFW to HRE, on both emirates and Ethiopian, Emirates was less expensive (about $3000.00 biz class) and Ethiopian had a 12 hour plus layover at Washington Dulles which required rechecking luggage, I wouldn't want to do that carrying a firearm.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2737 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
but Emirates will require a negative Covid test 48 hours before your return flight. Because of that I think Ethiopian is a better alternative as they have no such requirement.

Man that is a deal killer... can you imagine running around Harare trying to get a Covid test!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7521 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I flew Delta into Washington Dulles, overnighted and rechecked luggage in am. Since airport is in Virginia there was no issue rechecking rifles for Ethiopian flights.

Posts: 76 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I would rather fly on a plane where everyone has been tested.

I am 70 and really have no wish to take a chance.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66879 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

I hear you and agree with you 100%. Therein lies the problem. As Russell said, how does one get tested in Harare?

Posts: 11932 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]I hear you and agree with you 100%. Therein lies the problem. As Russell said, how does one get tested in Harare?[/QUOTE]

Larry, I’d bet it won’t be but a few days and for $100 US you can get an “instant” covid test in a van outside the airport terminal.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2737 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I am sure our good friend, Buzz Charlton, would be happy to administer the test! With Buzz's subtle touch I could imagine a nasal swab with brain tissue on it isn't pretty! rotflmo

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7521 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yuck

Posts: 1787 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
I am sure our good friend, Buzz Charlton, would be happy to administer the test! With Buzz's subtle touch I could imagine a nasal swab with brain tissue on it isn't pretty! rotflmo

I wonder if he should administer the test before or after he gets his tip? rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Someone will have to apply the George Floyd hold on me before i get the brain swab test!!

Posts: 1012 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:

I wonder if he should administer the test before or after he gets his tip? rotflmo

How much should he be tipped for the test?? rotflmo

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13127 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting variation on a frontal brain shot.

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Well Saeed it appears that ground is being made on doing accurate testing at airports. it is in trial mode.

Scientists found a way to detect coronavirus infections in 10 seconds

Nearly six months later, researchers from Finland now say their dogs need only a few seconds to smell the virus, and the process works almost 100% of the time. Those dogs will “work” in Helskinki’s airport to screen passengers, and the program might be cheaper than testing everyone who passes through customs using conventional means. Finland is the first country in Europe to pilot the coronavirus-sniffing dog test in airports, but other countries have already implemented similar mass-testing programs.

A company called Wise Nose will train six additional dogs to sniff out COVID-19 cases at the Helsinki airport. The University of Helsinki researchers involved with the project said a dog can detect the virus within 10 seconds, and the entire process takes less than a minute to complete.

In preliminary tests, dogs identified the virus with nearly 100% accuracy. What’s even more interesting is that dogs sometimes picked up the scent days before a patient even developed symptoms. While scientists do not know what smell the dogs can detect, a different study from France said in June that there was “very high evidence” that sweat from COVID-positive people was different from the sweat of healthy people, and that dogs can tell the difference.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1567 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yep, I'm with Saeed. tu2 I'm only one year behind him in age. Big Grin Not sure about a dog sniffing test! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I,too, would rather fly on a plane where everyone was tested. Looks to me like the dog sniffing thing might t be a great idea, a plane full of people could take a long long time to test everyone unless they had a whole lot of dogs. And I wouldn't want to have been sitting anywhere near a passenger that sniffed positive, I imagine that might delay your trip a while.

Karl Evans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, a dog sniffing you might not be that bad. We get the sniffers when we return through Atlanta for drugs and contraband, via the luggage for the most part. They might as well smell your sorry ass as well. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
I,too, would rather fly on a plane where everyone was tested. Looks to me like the dog sniffing thing might t be a great idea, a plane full of people could take a long long time to test everyone unless they had a whole lot of dogs. And I wouldn't want to have been sitting anywhere near a passenger that sniffed positive, I imagine that might delay your trip a while.

Karl, I have stood in line longer than 30 minutes to board an airplane both state side and in other countries.

So a dog could do 6 people a minute. If you had 2 dogs you would do 12 people a minute. With 2 dogs, in 30 minutes you would have 360 passengers cleared for boarding. Most airlines have 2 to 4 lines for boarding and if each line had a dog it would be quick and efficient. It would reduce the jam time getting to your seat.

My last trip out of Joberg in June of 2019, I think I was in line to clear my carry-on bag and questions, was longer than the 30 minutes. It was more like an hour for my seat assignment was called for pre boarding screening. You know the bag check and few question for you to answer. Next step you stood in line for your ticked to be scanned and to let you in the cattle chute for boarding. Now it was hurry up and wait to get to the airplane door to actually get inside to look for your seat.

This has potential.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1567 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Hey, a dog sniffing you might not be that bad. We get the sniffers when we return through Atlanta for drugs and contraband, via the luggage for the most part. They might as well smell your sorry ass as well. Big Grin

Hell, my dogs sniff me every day. No big deal! rotflmo

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13127 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was going off of the part that said “the whole process takes less than a minute”, I really hope someone, somewhere can come up with a reliable “instant” test, these dogs seem to be a big step towards that. I’d gladly stand in line for 30 minutes to get a passing test.

Karl Evans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hell, my dogs sniff me every day.

That's why most of us likely wouldn't care, IF it is fool proof. Big Grin Anything less than 100% and you're rolling the dice for anywhere from 9-17 hours in a very tight enclosure with no chance of really social distancing or stepping away if you feel uncomfortable at all.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
We the mighty hunters will face angry bears, lions, leopards, buffs, elephants and then we shit bricks about chink virus...go figure
Hell we go places where we can contract malaria, cholera, sleeping sickness, tick fever but then we shit turds again just thinking about this virus...
Fuck me boys, we are such a chickens little...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
We the mighty hunters will face angry bears, lions, leopards, buffs, elephants and then we shit bricks about chink virus...go figure
Hell we go places where we can contract malaria, cholera, sleeping sickness, tick fever but then we shit turds again just thinking about this virus...
Fuck me boys, we are such a chickens little...

To be fair the "angry bears, lions, leopards, buffs, elephants" have no chance to speak of against the hunter with a gun unless a very rare screwup occurs.

We do get inoculated against "malaria, cholera, sleeping sickness, tick fever" etc..

The issue is some people get very mild symptoms and others die and there is no way to know how one will react if one gets the virus.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well tanks the survivability rate for under 69 is 99.5% hell mine is less than that during a week of work for me or 3 trips into the rain forest.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boarkiller makes some good points that I agree with

The Virus has been a bit overblown imo

To each their own though but I've known a dozen that died for non covid reasons during the lockdown and none from pure 100% covid (or even partial). Flying or driving in 3rd world countries more dangerous...

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2844 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
According to the CDC...1.3% chance of dying in a car crash...but I drive daily and have zero fear of it.

I have a 0.5% chance of dying of COVID 19.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36460 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lane,

I think that stat kind of puts things in perspective. All the "sky is falling" guys from early on when we started talking about COVID need to see this.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12852 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunslinger55:
Boarkiller makes some good points that I agree with

The Virus has been a bit overblown imo

To each their own though but I've known a dozen that died for non covid reasons during the lockdown and none from pure 100% covid (or even partial). Flying or driving in 3rd world countries more dangerous...

That is a very true fact.

But, the fact one cannot escape is we have to put up with all illogical, changing, regulations in different countries.

A friend in the airline industry was telling me the other over the phone "things are changing while we are on the phone my friend".

There are people who can pack their bags and hop on the plane, and take their chances.

They are the lucky ones, and good luck to them.

Others have certain obligations, and specific time table they have to adhere to, and those I suspect are not going anywhere soon.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66879 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
According to the CDC...1.3% chance of dying in a car crash...but I drive daily and have zero fear of it.

It’s about 1.25 death per 100 million miles traveled.

80 year human lives 700,800 hours. Vehicular death are aggregated from large data sets and insurance companies are pretty good at predicting the probabilities of death. Why they control for traffic tickets, dui, accidents ect.

Only entities I know who look at traffic fatalities regularly are trucking and transport intensive companies.

It’s 1.3 percent over a lifetime in the aggregate. There are plenty of ways one can reduce that number - buy expensive safe vehicles for one. https://nypost.com/2018/01/12/...rfect-in-crash-test/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...al_annual_deaths.png

One can see over time how much safer driving a car is with better safety, controlled dui ect. Wait till automated driving comes out and cuts that number further in next 25 years.

You won’t see reduction in risk for covid like that till you get a vaccine and those should out in next 6 months. Given we have been in a covid world for 8 months waiting another 6 months is part of the course.

There won’t be return to normal air travel till then and be prepared to have medical proof of a vaccine to travel. Kind of like yellow fever.

Heard from Mokore they started hunting this week. Good deals if one can take the risk or have the time and make it over.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Your right. Thankfully Mokore will be able to recover a little of their 2020 season. I have some guys headed there early November but there is room for several more.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

80 year human lives 700,800 hours. Vehicular death are aggregated from large data sets and insurance companies are pretty good at predicting the probabilities of death. Why they control for traffic tickets, dui, accidents ect.

Only entities I know who look at traffic fatalities regularly are trucking and transport intensive companies.

It’s 1.3 percent over a lifetime in the aggregate. There are plenty of ways one can reduce that number - buy expensive safe vehicles for one. https://nypost.com/2018/01/12/...rfect-in-crash-test/

One can see over time how much safer driving a car is with better safety, controlled dui ect. Wait till automated driving comes out and cuts that number further in next 25 years.

You won’t see reduction in risk for covid like that till you get a vaccine and those should out in next 6 months. Given we have been in a covid world for 8 months waiting another 6 months is part of the course.

There won’t be return to normal air travel till then and be prepared to have medical proof of a vaccine to travel. Kind of like yellow fever.

Heard from Mokore they started hunting this week. Good deals if one can take the risk or have the time and make it over.

Mike

The best that I can make driving in the vehicle I must drive using your data...it still equals or surpasses COVID risk for my Covid risk group (55 but fit with no co-morbidities). I drive a lot...~50K/year.

Trying to put together a Feb ele hunt in Zim as I type — Ethiopian to Vic Falls.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36460 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

Mike

PS: Are we allowed to use data from the NYP? Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM