THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    air 2000 or rifle permits .com

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

air 2000 or rifle permits .com
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted
any differance between these two anyone used one or the other ?

any opinions or experiance?

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used Air2000 four times, and will be using them Aug. 10th in Jo'burg. I have not used the other service, but as far as Air2000 goes, it made the transiting and/or overnighting in Jo'burg a breeze.

I was disapointed to hear that none of the services will be allowed to meet passengers at their arrival gates. I still believe the service expedites the bureaucracy.

I'll post up-to-date info when I return.

Regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used equity aviation, all went exactly as planned.
www.equityaviation.co.za

Posts: 475 | Location: Moncton, New Brunswick | Registered: 30 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I used Riflepermits.Com on my recent trip. I was satisfied with the service on my way in. If you are transiting JNB on your way to another flight be aware that the service is one-way and they will not be there to assist you on your return trip through the airport unless maybe you arrange something with them.

I tried to arrange return asistance once I was on the ground and figured it out but they did not meet my return flight. Luckily I was able to track down my rifles (which did not get to the SAPS office on my return flight although there are supposed to be taken there) and get them cleared -- not a long process because I already had the permit. In fact, since I had the permit and the rifles in theory I could have skipped that step but I am overcautious. I was assisted in both of these by a local facilitator wearing a Gracy Travel tag, someone who had no obligation to help me.

I have not used Air2000.

Are you hunting in South Africa or elsewhere? Are you flying from JNB either domestically in South Africa or to another location in Africa?

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
hunting in zim overnight afton on the way in but transfer strait through on the way back just change planes in sa luggage is suposed to check all the way through on return?

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CRUSHER:
hunting in zim overnight afton on the way in but transfer strait through on the way back just change planes in sa luggage is suposed to check all the way through on return?

Hopefully that means you will not have any issues on the way back through.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
we will just be calm and slow and work it out either way thanks for the info.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT