Find
Notify
Tools

SAA issue.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted
Returning on SAA from JNB to IAD with my wife, daughter and her family ( husband, 3 teenagers) flying business class. Checked in received boarding passes 4 hours before flight.
When my son in law went to board, he was told his seat was taken and he would have to take another flight.
Here was a family traveling together, and they were going to bump the father.
When I boarded, I noticed two SaAA personnel sitting in business class. They were not flight crew. I went and asked them how they had a seat, and displacing paying customers. Needless to say, we were all upset at this and made our displeasure known
After much discussion, and pointing out the SAA passengers taking up seats, they “ found” a seat for my son in law. Never again......

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We call them the New African privileged class. But kudos for standing up to this bullshit. Happens far too often these days.

TIA

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Other than Airlink SAA will never get any of my business.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
They did the same thing to us on Saturday on our return trip.. We had paid for and confirmed exit row / bulkhead seating for 6 people. They stuck us in random seats throughout coach.

The seats we were supposed have (Row 55) were full of what looked like SAA personnel...

Steve Turner is investigating what may have happened..

Last time I fly with the dirty bastards thats for sure!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Why anyone would fly SAA long haul when there are much better and cheaper alternatives is beyond me.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13141 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
When dealing with SAA, there are several things to remember: 1) They are owned by the RSA government; 2) RSA government is corrupt; 3) RSA government is incompetent; 4) RSA government is racist (i.e. anti- white).

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If their aircraft maintenance is as shoddy as their service, it’s only a matter of time before they have a catastrophic accident.

BH63

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuffHunter63:
If their aircraft maintenance is as shoddy as their service, it’s only a matter of time before they have a catastrophic accident.

BH63

BREAKING NEWS!

"South African Airlines, SAA, is in the final negotiations with Boeing in purchasing all the Boeing 737 MAX! As we all know, the brand new Boing 737 MAX is so advanced, it is the first aircracft in the world designed to fly itself to the ground without any assistance from the pilot" rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I repeat- why would anyone fly these buffoons from here? They cost more and the service sucks. pissers

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13141 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
I repeat- why would anyone fly these buffoons from here? They cost more and the service sucks. pissers

Unfortunately we had to fly with them because they had the only departure times that matched up with our sons vacation days limitations.. Otherwise it would have been Emirates as usual...

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

Live an hour away from IAD with direct SAA flight to JNB.

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those idiots destroyed two pieces of expensive luggage because they were too lazy to cut the locks. Instead they just inserted a bar and twisted off the zipper.

Bloody fools the lot of them.

BH63