New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammo Boxes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What type of ammo boxes are people putting their reloads in when traveling? (not talking about locked boxes) Will my plastic MTM slip top boxes work or do I need a box that closer resembles a factory box?
Thanks

Posts: 1613 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I've been across the pond 8 times and I've never used anything but the plastic boxes for my reloads. Never had a problem.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2293 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am putting my 375s in MTM type of boxes with printed stick on labels saying "375 H&H magnum, 300 grain swift A frame."

Those boxes will be inside a lockable Pelican 1200.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
All my cartidges have always been in MTM type plastic boxes, labeled with load data. I put these into a lockage small Americase inside my duffle bag and have never had a problem,

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
5 times across the pond for me, 3 times SAA twice with Delta. Never had a problem storing reloads in plastic reloading containers. Just make sure you put a label on the box. Caliber and bullet weight is what I put on.

Posts: 834 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have found that my MTM cases usually fit right back into the original factory paper box. If they won't, I just label them correctly and throw a piece of tape around them to hold together.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote