THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Guess RSA is not opening any time soon...

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guess RSA is not opening any time soon...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted
I just got an email from Turkish arilines. They canceled my flight to J'Burg on July 28th and the return on August 21.

They will refund your money. However the way they work it is that when you pay they convert the funds to Turkish currency. Then they convert it back for credit.

Turkish currency has lost 20% in value since Covid started. So basically I will get 80 cents on the dollar back on the taxes I had paid (rest was vouchers). Frowner

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Ouch Andy! Sorry to hear about your trip being cancelled.

I've got tickets on Lufthansa from our holiday to Ireland that got cancelled last month. Lufthansa doesn't give cash refunds, we just got vouchers that we have to book before September and use before the end of April 2021.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12513 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
I thought FFA had passed some regulations that airlines had to give full refunds due to cancellations.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote