THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Emirates refuses Archery equipment

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Emirates refuses Archery equipment
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted
Two of my nephews were denied acceptance of their bow cases by Emirates in Houston today. Seems the travel agent did not get advance clearance for them - firearms were cleared. The counter clerk said it was the travel agents fault as this has always been the policy.

HOWEVER, there is no mention of archery equipment under the baggage rules, including sporting equipment, on the Emirates web site. Too late for my nephews, but if you intend to transport archery equipment on Emirates, be advised that advanced clearance is apparently required.

Allah only knows what damage a bow and arrow could do down in the luggage compartment of a Boeing 777-300? archer Eeker

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
another reason i would walk before getting on that airline again. fly anyone but emi/rats!!!!

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Did they pissers in your canteen cup? Big Grin

Aside from following their rules, everyone I know who has flown them, including outfitters and PHs, has only rave reviews about their food, service comfort and flights. Based upon those reviews I am giving them a try next Thursday.

I am not impressed with Delta and SSA has gone to sheet and I won't fly through europe with firearms ever again. Doesn't leave many options.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yes we need more options

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i am taking Etihad Airways through Abu Dahbi in Oct. they serve Chicago, NY, and Washington through to Joburg. using AA ff miles to fly first class.if you check their website, sounds REALLY nice!! we will see....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hey LionHunter,
Im leaving Aug 17th from Houston on Emirates (Dubai to Joburg, Joberg to Beria, Moz)My travel agent has supposedly cleared my guns with Emirates (sent her all the info months ago) Anything I need to know as I have not travelled with Emirates before. Previous trips have all been with SAA. Did you have to claim guns and luggage in Dubai or did they stay with Emirates on to Joburg?

Posts: 2 | Location: Hempstead, TX | Registered: 09 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
I leave tomorrow from SFO. My hunting partner departed last week. Traditionally, Emirates does not confirm firearm clearance until a week prior to departure - go figure? He advised me to have the following in hand at Emirates check-in:

1. Emirates firearms clearance letter or email copy from your travel agent.
2. 4457
3. Safari invite letter from your outfitter.

He departed from Houston also and said that ICE came and checked his firearms before he even got to TSA - who checked them again and didn't care that they had already been checked by an agency of the US government - your tax dollars at work in a post 9-11 world!

So be prepared, arrive early, have your papers in order and hold your temper.

Good luck; Mozambique is a great safari destination.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Also, Emirates will hold ALL luggage for your onward flight. Pack what you need during the layover in your carry-on.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA