New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flights to Namibia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a leopard hunt booked with Afrika Jag for next June. I am taking 3 clients with me. Looks like Emirates could be a option. I have flown over on Delta ( economy comfort )and SAA several times. We can't afford business class. It's time to book something. What do you guys think?

Posts: 834 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am going to try Emirates as soon as it is available. However, if I were attempting to book flights now for next June I would book what I know works. Otherwise, I would put off booking until there is some history and feedback on Emirates.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out Qatar. They have one-stop flights to Windhoek connecting in Qatar.

Posts: 13214 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We went with Emirates last year (and this year to Zim) and they are hard to beat. Also, if you sign up for their emails, they frequently offer "sale" prices to many destinations and if the date range will work for you, some are really inexpensive compared to other carriers.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2723 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone fly Emirates or BA cattle class?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Although I hate supporting muslim entities, after my latest trip through JB to WDH, the thought of not having to go through JB has peaked my interest.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuckmaxman:

I flew British Airways "cattle class" last yearto Windhoek. I flew ORD to LHR to JoBerg to WDH. The food and the service were first rate, and I enjoyed playing tourist in London for a few hours, stretching my legs, and smoking a few good cigars. I've rebooked on British Airways for my April/May 2017 trip to Namibia, and my roundtrip airfare all-in was $1225. I used to fly to Frankfort then Air Namibia to WDH, but they tacked on a $100 fee each way for firearms, and Air Namibia is notorious for cancelling flights and less than stellar service.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1381 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGRaider:
Although I hate supporting muslim entities, after my latest trip through JB to WDH, the thought of not having to go through JB has peaked my interest.

JGR:Nothing like insulting our host on AR, Saeed, and his home country's airline. Classy move.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1381 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bud Meadows:
quote:

JGR:Nothing like insulting our host on AR, Saeed, and his home country's airline. Classy move.

It has nothing to do with our host. I won't knowingly support atheists, liberal retards, or communists either if that makes you feel any better.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:

AR is a Muslim supported entity. Perhaps you should register your displeasure and leave.....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13102 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:

AR is a Muslim supported entity. Perhaps you should register your displeasure and leave.....

Or maybe if you don't like it you can mind your own business.

No PC here, I assure you.

one of us
posted Hide Post
JGRaider: I fully support your right to harbor and act on your religious prejudices.

As for me, I won't spend a nickel with any Baptist scum if I can help it.

Posts: 13214 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
JGRaider: I fully support your right to harbor and act on your religious prejudices.

As for me, I won't spend a nickel with any Baptist scum if I can help it.

Everyone has that right, and I understand that. Thanks for your comments.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:

Or maybe if you don't like it you can mind your own business.

No PC here, I assure you.

You are the one who said he wouldn't support a Muslim supported entity. I could care less what you do. Why are you here, other than to appear a hypocrite? Put your money where your mouth is....and leave.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13102 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just returned today from Namibia. Flew Lufthansa from Denver to Frankfurt/Munich, direct.

From Germany to Namibia, I flew on Condor Air and was pretty impressed. Nice, new, clean aircraft (Boeing 767's), good service, and timely. Connected through Frankfurt on the way there and routed through Munich on the return leg. Found some very reasonable rates on-line so went ahead and booked. Would recommend them and plan on using them again. Note that I did not travel with a rifle but Condor does accept firearms/ammunition. Their policies seem standard for the industry. (They also fly direct to Cape Town for those looking to avoid Jo-Burg.)

The airport in Windhoek had a lot of KLM ads up promoting their flights to Namibia but I do not think that is a very appealing option - Dutch firearm permit process and they stop in Angola each way, from my understanding.

Posts: 354 | Location: CO | Registered: 19 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At one time I considered starting a charter with direct flights from DFW to Namibia, with cabin crew dressed in camo! It's hard to get landing rights, Namibia protects their national carrier.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2926 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hughiam
posted Hide Post
can you tell me how you found rates other than those on Condor's website? Im going next year to Namibia using Condor from Anchorage to Frankfurt.

Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by pinotguy:
I just returned today from Namibia. Flew Lufthansa from Denver to Frankfurt/Munich, direct.

From Germany to Namibia, I flew on Condor Air and was pretty impressed. Nice, new, clean aircraft (Boeing 767's), good service, and timely. Connected through Frankfurt on the way there and routed through Munich on the return leg. Found some very reasonable rates on-line so went ahead and booked. Would recommend them and plan on using them again. Note that I did not travel with a rifle but Condor does accept firearms/ammunition. Their policies seem standard for the industry. (They also fly direct to Cape Town for those looking to avoid Jo-Burg.)

The airport in Windhoek had a lot of KLM ads up promoting their flights to Namibia but I do not think that is a very appealing option - Dutch firearm permit process and they stop in Angola each way, from my understanding.

Pro Staff for:
In Natures Image Taxidermy

Posts: 448 | Location: Palmer, AK | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
You also asked about cattle class on BA, I flew on Cattle Class premium on BA to JNB. Its very nice, but more expensive the regular cattle. You get the business class meals and wider seats, lots more leg room and your own section of the plane. But you don't get your own restrooms. The special gun handling fee of a 100 pounds is pure BS. If you go BA make sure you arrive very early, and get a copy of your BA paperwork from your stateside departure airport, you may need it on the return from JNB, I did. And don't book BA from JNB to WHD, that's Comair and no guns. Another thing if you want to use the BA mobile app, for your boarding pass and check-in make sure its just BA flights on your ticket and put your other flights on a separate ticket.

Posts: 748 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuckmaxman:

just flew 4 overnights on BA Cattle class. I agree with the latter poster, if you can spring for the cattle class plus, much better option. I think for the 500-750 dollars has to be worth it. ( not sure on the price) This would be great if you are travelling in pairs, two seats in place of 3 in the coach.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wesheltonj:
You also asked about cattle class on BA, I flew on Cattle Class premium on BA to JNB. Its very nice, but more expensive the regular cattle. You get the business class meals and wider seats, lots more leg room and your own section of the plane. But you don't get your own restrooms. The special gun handling fee of a 100 pounds is pure BS. If you go BA make sure you arrive very early, and get a copy of your BA paperwork from your stateside departure airport, you may need it on the return from JNB, I did. And don't book BA from JNB to WHD, that's Comair and no guns. Another thing if you want to use the BA mobile app, for your boarding pass and check-in make sure its just BA flights on your ticket and put your other flights on a separate ticket.

We where charged 67 per gun for 2 guns and no extra baggage on the way to JNB from Denver, then on the way home after the cluster f%&k in JNB they charged us for one gun and one extra bag.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gale Johnson:
quote:
Originally posted by Wesheltonj:

We where charged 67 per gun for 2 guns and no extra baggage on the way to JNB from Denver, then on the way home after the cluster f%&k in JNB they charged us for one gun and one extra bag.

Yap, $67 is about 50 pounds. Both guns not in the same case, to be charged twice? The cluster in JNB is because BA uses contractors to check you in and has only one or two actual employees working the check-in to supervise the contractors. My problem in JNB was they could not find in the record where BA transported the gun from IAH to JNB. They had three people trying to find the gun in the record. Thankfully, the gate agent at IAH gave me a copy of the BA paperwork, with that they were finally able to find the gun in the record only after an hour of trying.

Posts: 748 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Both guns in the same case, per gun charge on the way. We collected are guns and luggage on the way through going, and rechecked them, which took all of thirty minutes using Bruce from Gracy Travel.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We were able to book Delta Economy Comfort. The rate dropped almost $1000. We had to extend our stay by one day to get the rate.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad you got booked. Now the hard part - waiting.........

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote