New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cabela's Bullet Proof Case
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Not sure that this is the correct forum, but since this is the case I'll be using to transport rifles on y 2021 trip, I figured I'd ask here.

As stated, I have a 2 gun version of the long since discontinued Cabela's Bullet Proof Gun case. The version I have has wheels, but not the luggage shelf. I've found having 2 wheeled bags in tow (gun case and another checked bag) to be a PITA. Hence my question - does anyone here have the version that has the folding luggage shelf? If so, would they be kind enough to PM me and possibly provide some pics? My intent is to modify my case. But I'm looking for how the shelf is secured when not in use.

Thanks

Posts: 486 | Location: Moving | Registered: 23 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agree that two wheeled luggage is a PITA. What I've always done is use an Americase wheeled guncase, a checked duffle with a shoulder strap, and a backpack carryon, which doubles as a hunting daypack. You have to tuck the shoulder strap into the checked bag as you check it. But I do look like a Masai donkey going through the airport.

Posts: 9935 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trying to avoid a duffle as checked baggage, since I'll have ammo in it. Trying to do all I can to hopefully keep the baggage handlers honest and have the entire contnets of my baggage arrive at its destination. My thought was to strap the second checked bag (Pelican Air Case) to the wheeled gun case when both pieces need to be in tow.

Posts: 486 | Location: Moving | Registered: 23 September 2010Reply With Quote