New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW ZEALAND CLOSES BORDERS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
In line with other countries, from midnight tonight NZ time, until further notice, the NZ Govt. is closing NZ's borders to all except NZ citizens and permanent residents.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2011 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

That's pretty drastic especially for a country that was so open to tourism! I fully get the why but all but kiwis and residents! Wow.

'

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charlie,
Totally unprecedented. Australia, and other countries, have acted in like manner.
The NZ Govt. is fully aware of how drastic this move is and of how tourism ( a massive foreign exchange earner here ) and related business will suffer. This week Govt. announced an assistance package close to NZD $1 billion to keep Air New Zealand solvent. It will help but some job losses remain inevitable.
It's going to be tough going for a while as far as I can see.

Posts: 2011 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
A lot of countries have banned the entry of anyone but their citizens.

Drastic measures, certainly, but may be justified at this time.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Agree with Saeed. tu2

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Viruses will get around it

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
boarkiller
one of us

posted 24 March 2020 01:08
Viruses will get around it

CV arriving here was inevitable given todays trans global people movement. NZ encourages visiting tourists and foreign students plus we have a steady stream of Kiwis always returning home from overseas. As of last night, 106 confirmed CV cases here, no fatalities yet. More positive cases will occur before we peak. Hopefully no fatalities but that's probably wishful. The drastic measures aim to flatten the peak infection point as other countries have attempted. Hopefully....
Interesting times. I don't recall previous pandemics having quite the effect on NZ that CV is having now. I think here this week the gravity of CV has really hit and many are understandably worried.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You take care and stay safe my friend.

Posts: 41766 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You too thanks Jim.
And, all my other pals in Texas. Wishing only the best for you all.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Guessing my April hunt on the south island will have to wait a year...

Ski+3
Whitefish, MT

Posts: 858 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
My suggestion is stay home for the time being.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NZ June hunt toast? Waiting until mid April to discuss with Gary Herbert.

Posts: 241 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
MTGunner
one of us
posted 27 March 2020 09:24
NZ June hunt toast? Waiting until mid April to discuss with Gary Herbert.

The lockdown here won't lift until nearly the end of April, and will be reviewed before a final decision. I'm sure to some extent the decision will hinge on progress against CV-19 in other countries. Even if domestic restrictions here are relaxed the Govt. may well decide to leave our borders closed for longer. I think it's too early to even guess if your June hunt is toast, or not. Things will be clearer sometime in May. How quickly airlines can get schedules back up and running is another matter.
Even if NZ borders open will persons arriving still be subject to temp screening and quarantine...??

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
They've told me not to go to New Zealand until June.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Frank,
Hoping you'll actually be able to get here in June. Probably a bit of a question mark on that currently. Here's hoping though....
If I don't seem to be in comms start checking around the local psychiatric hospitals...

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30.06king:
Hi Frank,
Hoping you'll actually be able to get here in June. Probably a bit of a question mark on that currently. Here's hoping though....
If I don't seem to be in comms start checking around the local psychiatric hospitals...

Yep Grant, you'll probably go crazy having to stay on those islands that long.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote