THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Who to use for import export from South Africa?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who to use for import export from South Africa?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am heading to S.A. to hunt with Chris Troskie in July. Just wondering who others have used.

Posts: 557 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
69 Deer.

From your question, it appears that you are bringing back your trophy's.

Do you have a taxidermist that you plan to use, or are you still looking?

I found a taxidermist and asked them who they suggested and use.

The taxidermist built by tags to take to Africa. I had a bundle of 25 tags.

The information included, your name and address, the taxidermist name and address and the importer and the location your trophies will clear in the USA.

If you plan to have your work completed in Africa, there are some importers that post on here that are good and there are others out there for you to consider.

Shipping is either by air or ship. Again you will need to chose which is best for you.

Here are a couple that members use:

Safari Specialty Importers - (845) 744-6427 www.safarispecialtyimporters.com

Coppersmith - http://www.huntingtrophy.com coppersmith has different locations around the USA.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1571 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Take a look at this post and make your own decisions about bringing home your trophies. If you do I'd recommend just having your stuff dipped and packed in RSA then mounted in the USA.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...1411043/m/9181048462

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2291 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Use whoever Chris recommends. He'll have someone who he has a relationship with and will treat you right. As suggested I'd recommend getting the actual taxidermy done here in the USA.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12857 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One time I had stuff shiped to Life form in SA from Mozambique. They tanned the skins and did euro mounts. They also sent me photos and info on one skin that was not suitable for full mount (bush pig) If it had been a cape I would have left it there but had it sent as flat skin anyway. I dont remember who they suggested to handle it on my end, but all went well and was very well packed. Crate had not been opened when I picke it up at the freight company.

Posts: 1067 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use D and L out of Michigan. They have been fantastic. Tried Safari Specialty Importers once for Argentina and never got my buffalo cape. D and L said no problem. They would get me one. Now I stick with Laura and she does it right!!

Posts: 69 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 29 April 2011Reply With Quote