New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frankfurt-Joberg ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone recently tried this route on Lufthansa?

Info please Pro and Con.... The departure from DFW has some appeal to me....notwithstanding unknown/unforseen problems....

Thanks for any help,especially from anyone with Recent experience.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've taken that route 3 times now and it helps break up the long boring flight. Food seems to be good and the flight lasts just over 9 1/2 hours best I recall. I usually have about a 6 hour layover there and it helps to stretch, change cloths and relax.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Used to take the Frankfurt to Cape Town flight with SAA. Right at 12 hours both ways. Never had anissue with SSA or clearing customs/SAPS in Cape Town.

Doing the over night from Frankfurt to Jo'Berg on Lufthansa this June. Heading out from Dulles and will have a 14 hour layover in Frankfurt - time to see the town and take a short rest before the flight over night to Jo'Berg.

Enjoy the trip.

Don

Life Member SCI &, NRA

Posts: 161 | Location: Reno NV and Betty's Bay RSA | Registered: 13 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the helpful input gentlemen....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have done this route a number of times. Love the Lufthansa first class lounge at the Frankfurt airport, best I've seen by far. Plenty of history to take in if you want to take a train into one of the towns. My favourite route.