THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    RSA sends troops to Capetown

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RSA sends troops to Capetown
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
South African president Cyril Ramaphosa ordered troops into the suburbs of Cape Town to quell a crime wave that municipal officials say has turned the city into a “warzone.”

Hundreds of soldiers will be deployed into sprawling area of townships known as the Cape Flats to combat gang-related violence that saw 14 people killed in 24 hours last week.

More than 900 people have been killed in gang-related violence in the Cape Flats in the past year.

Last Friday, six women between the ages of 18 and 26 were murdered by unknown gunmen at a home in a shanty town in the area.

The next day another five men, aged 18 to 39, were shot dead and one was injured in two separate shooting incidents in the township of Philippi.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sou...rzone-185644514.html

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
IIRC, the Cape Flats is near the airport.....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13105 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Just as expected.

Crimes feeds on crime.

The South African government turned a blind eye to it for so long, it is going to be a difficult, if not impossible fight!

Yesterday I was in the EMIRATES lounge in Dubai airport.

Met a Danish doctor, married to a doctor from New Zealand.

She told me they have been living in Dubai for 27 years.

Lack of crime and a good living standard are the reason they love it there.

I mentioned that criminals do get punished here.

She said “I honestly wish other countries follow your example!”

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66768 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Total BS!

RSA is the epitome of peace and tranquility - what you are hearing or reading is FAKE news according to the blowhards. Big Grin

Posts: 1869 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Yep!

I bet we will get someone telling us all this is bullshit, and South Africa is a bastion of peace and tranquility rotflmo

Posts: 66768 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
South Africa is just another failed African state. No cure either.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
There’s too many people...let it burn through

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It’s too bad that RSA continues down this path. I took my wife,
3 sons, and father there a few years back. I would not do that
now

Posts: 2638 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

I mentioned that criminals do get punished here.

I am 100% in agreement with you on that! In the USA liberal Judges and prosecutors have been so easy on criminals for so long, the criminals know they can get away with decades of criminal behavior before they spend any real time in prison.

In Denver a few years back, a Police Officer got into a lot of trouble for shooting and killing a Mexican woman who tried to run him down as he tried to arrest her for driving a stolen car.

She was out on bail at the time for grand theft auto.

The idiot liberal lawmakers then forced a policy change that Law Enforcement cannot shoot people simply because they drive a car at them. The police have to try and get out of the way.

Total stupidity.

As for the dead car thief, GOOD RIDDANCE!

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you saw the sad state of the SADF, this isn't going to deter the gangs whatsoever. Most probably the soldiers will sell their weapons to the gangs for beer change.

Ever wonder where the gangs get their weapons?

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Opus, that is positively depressing.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Have you guys seen the news about Tommy Robinson the British journalist who is sitting in prison right now in the UK for... well journalism?

The western world is failing fast too I am afraid.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Have you guys seen the news about Tommy Robinson the British journalist who is sitting in prison right now in the UK for... well journalism?

The western world is failing fast too I am afraid.

That bastard can rot in jail.

He has been in and out of jail for a number of crimes!

Anyway, what has that got to do with South Africa??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:

The ANC has been using gangs and violence to destabilize DA strongholds like Cape Town and KZN for years. Accordingly, the ANC has no real agenda to curb violence in Cape Town. This is largely for show.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:

The ANC has been using gangs and violence to destabilize DA strongholds like Cape Town and KZN for years. Accordingly, the ANC has no real agenda to curb violence in Cape Town. This is largely for show.

It is the usual practice.

Political parties using the public to extend their agendas.

Being practiced worldwide! clap

Not much difference to zealots in religion really.

Same methods, same results. rotflmo