Notify
Tools

Emirates Firearms Permit
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted
Hi,

Using the search function I notice that some sort of form needs to be filled online for firearms registration for Emirates. How long does it take for them to respond?

Just trying to figure out my lead time if I have to move quickly once/if countries open.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
You can get the form from their site. Apply 30 days prior to your flight. Also, you need a separate permit for your return--not just one. You must have the permit in hand upon arrival at the airport. A friend did not have his and they denied him boarding.

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
So, if a hunt opens a week out it would not be possible to get the permit in time?

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
tanks
posted 12 June 2020 16:45
So, if a hunt opens a week out it would not be possible to get the permit in time?

You can apply from 30 days out from travel dates of the first flight ( check their website info in case this has changed ) but confirmation of the firearm travel permit is usually sent within 7 days of the earliest flight. If you applied within 7 days of your flights I would expect your permit would get issued. At least that's how it was for my three trips on Emirates. Check through the documents requirements first on their website as you probably need to attach other info in your application.
I did as Cal suggested and had copies whenever I checked in. I was never asked to produce any as all the info was already in their system. Just one time at boarding I was held up momentarily when the gate agent saw that I was travelling with a firearm. Her supervisor checked the system, found my info and was happy to send me on. Emirates is one of the better airlines to fly with taking firearms.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2011 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Frankly, in the present climate, I would not consider traveling to any country that has not been open for at least a few weeks and I know how they handle visitors.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30.06king:
quote:
tanks
posted 12 June 2020 16:45

You can apply from 30 days out from travel dates of the first flight ( check their website info in case this has changed ) but confirmation of the firearm travel permit is usually sent within 7 days of the earliest flight. If you applied within 7 days of your flights I would expect your permit would get issued. At least that's how it was for my three trips on Emirates. Check through the documents requirements first on their website as you probably need to attach other info in your application.
I did as Cal suggested and had copies whenever I checked in. I was never asked to produce any as all the info was already in their system. Just one time at boarding I was held up momentarily when the gate agent saw that I was travelling with a firearm. Her supervisor checked the system, found my info and was happy to send me on. Emirates is one of the better airlines to fly with taking firearms.

I had the same experience.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanks:

I did it once on short notice, but that was several years ago. I spoke to someone at Emirates Group Security (I believe that was the name) who helped push it.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 891 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Their system is efficient and I’ve never experienced any problems myself.
Don’t get anxious if your permit hasn’t arrived as they typically do not actually notify you until about two weeks out from your flight. Apparently this buffer is to avoid unnecessary alteration should you change your booking. Generally about the most seamless process I’ve experienced with any international airline.

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I wonder is they are Short Staffed?

Posts: 2326 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote