New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Is Hilarious!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow!! How on earth does THAT happen?

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Was the pilot related to Walter?! rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo jumping

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alfredo C:

Very easy.

When you are stupid.

When I was at flight school, we had a man doing his instructor training.

He was so scared of flying - honest! - he used to take a plane out to fly, taxi to the end of the runway, and imagine all soprts of things wrong with it.

He would then taxi back, tie the plane and report it out of action.

I remember calling the flight center, to ask if there was any plane available to fly a customer, and when I get told that the only plane available is an unchecked one returned by XXX

It never bothered me, I just drive to the airport do my pre-flight check and take off to wherever we wanted.

Never had any issues!
Flying is a bit funny.

I have had some pilots who really should never get in the pilot's seat, and keep their feet on the ground.

We were being given instructions on a new helicopter, and was asked to fly with a new pilot.

Before we left, he was asking the instructor of what to do when certain warning signals come up.

The instructor was trying to tell him it all depends on the warning, and when we need to check other functions to make sure it was not a false alarm.

He could not understand it.

I could not help it, I said "you know that big red switch, just turn it off".

I was referring to the master switch.

The instructor hit the roof!

"NO NO NO! YOU SHOULD NEVER TURN THAT OFF IN THE AIR!"

I had to run out and get the helicopter ready.

The poor sod came and got on, and said "George said I should never listen to you. I said why am I flying with you then. He said I should just watch what you do"

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Alfredo C:

Very easy.

When you are stupid.

When I was at flight school, we had a man doing his instructor training.

He was so scared of flying - honest! - he used to take a plane out to fly, taxi to the end of the runway, and imagine all soprts of things wrong with it.

He would then taxi back, tie the plane and report it out of action.

I remember calling the flight center, to ask if there was any plane available to fly a customer, and when I get told that the only plane available is an unchecked one returned by XXX

It never bothered me, I just drive to the airport do my pre-flight check and take off to wherever we wanted.

Never had any issues!
Flying is a bit funny.

I have had some pilots who really should never get in the pilot's seat, and keep their feet on the ground.

We were being given instructions on a new helicopter, and was asked to fly with a new pilot.

Before we left, he was asking the instructor of what to do when certain warning signals come up.

The instructor was trying to tell him it all depends on the warning, and when we need to check other functions to make sure it was not a false alarm.

He could not understand it.

I could not help it, I said "you know that big red switch, just turn it off".

I was referring to the master switch.

The instructor hit the roof!

"NO NO NO! YOU SHOULD NEVER TURN THAT OFF IN THE AIR!"

I had to run out and get the helicopter ready.

The poor sod came and got on, and said "George said I should never listen to you. I said why am I flying with you then. He said I should just watch what you do"

You always have the craziest stories! It’s amazing you are still with us.

One of my hunting buddies was learning to fly in his native South American country. I’ll refreían from Mamés and countries to protect the innocent.

My buddy wanted to fly to better scout duck hunting areas. His “instructor” thought it would be funny to drop bags of flour and such to mess with land owners. When it came time for my buddy to get his license, his ‘instructor’ said his buddy would have to sign off for the license flight.

“Why?”

“Well, I can’t remember the last time my license was active, but you’ll do well, amigo.”

As far as the OP, I’m surprised they had enough fuel on a budget airline. However, thank goodness.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
Possibly carrying the needed fuel because it was cheaper to tanker it than to buy fuel at the destination.

Posts: 911 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote