Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dubai Terminal 3 Hotel
 Login/Join

posted
I will be traveling with my wife to JNB for a hunt in RSA this October. We will be on Emirates and going through Dubai of course. Our original return flight had a rougly 3 1/2 hour layover in Dubai before departing for the US. However I got an email this morning notifying me that our departure time from Dubai was pushed out an additional 6 hours resulting in a now 9 1/2 hour layover. As we will be arriving at midnite, I now wish to get a hotel room. An online search tells me there is a hotel in Terminal 3 where we will arrive in from JNB. So a few questions:

1) Is the hotel on the gate side of security, or will I have to clear customs/immigration?

2) I plan to have my checked luggage which includes a rifle case checked all the way through the trip and thus not claim any baggage in Dubai. I can't see why it would be an issue, but if I have to clear customs/immigration will there be any issues with the rifle case I need to be aware of?

3) Any other thoughts you may have?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I think the hotel is on the air side of the airport, and as your rifles are checked all the way through, you will not seen them until your final destinations.

Ask any Emirates personnel and they will direct you to the hotel.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66765 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My son and I had about a twelve hour layover traveling with firearms. The firearms were checked through from Joberg to SFO with no problems. We cleared security with our carry on luggage, stayed the night at the Meridian Hotel outside of security and checked in the next morning with no problems. All the checked luggage showed up in SFO. I would say no worries.

Posts: 344 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 05 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I went thru Dubai just yesterday, we had a 21 hour layover and had a voucher for a hotel room, you might be eligible for a voucher as well, the hotel was off of the airport proper but not a problem. When you check your fire arms in, they will be checked thru to your destination but be aware that Emirates gas strict rules about firearms and ammunition, their website gives very good direction, and if you are flying thru DFW, pm me and I will give you the contact info of a gentleman that has to be one of the best employees of Emirates. Pretty sure it will work out fine.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2723 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote