New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ethiopia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am booked on Ethiopian Airlines to Zim in August. We change planes in Addis Ababa each way. Any advice regarding the civil war?

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
Good luck! They cancelled my flight two days before I was suppose to leave. I had a whole month carved out. They wanted me to spend an extra 5 days in Addis.

Posts: 501 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The folks I hunted with last year (talking with them about my trophies) said that has calmed down at this point...

The only issue with Addis is they want to look at your guns even in transit. They are actually pretty good in my experience, as they held the plane to let folks dealing with bureaucracy get on when I left in March 2020.

I have no personal issues with Ethiopian. Good service, clean planes.

Addis airport is slow though.

Posts: 10478 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
I’ve been looking at various routes/airlines..... Ethiopian looked good except the 1:10: layover in Addis...... just too tight for me.

Posts: 558 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I suggest people really pay attention at lay overs.

Give yourself enough time, especially in today’s c]travel climate.

Booking are all volatile, so may a plan be too.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went through Addis Ababa on Ethiopian in Nov. No big deal. Going, they met me at the plane, had my name on a paper, took me to the cargo area, checked my rifle, walked me to my gate. Coming back, I told the agent at the gate I had a firearm, they walked me to the cargo area and then back to my gate.