Find
Notify
Tools

Tripod
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted
Wondering if I can take shooting tripod with me as a cane or crutch right in as carry on?
Flying Delta to Minneapolis to Amsterdam to Prague
Anyone tried?
In today’s day and age, I have no idea what to expect

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Walking Sticks

Carry On Bags: No
Checked Bags: Yes

For more prohibited items, please go to the 'What Can I Bring?' page.

The final decision rests with the TSA officer on whether an item is allowed through the checkpoint.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1558 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Can you Take Hiking Sticks & Trekking Poles on a Plane?

The TSA only allows canes and walking sticks if they are required assistive devices. Hiking or trekking poles are not allowed if they are to be used just for hiking.

You can bring a folding hiking pole on a plane as long as it can be broken down and fits inside your carry-on luggage. Other folding canes may be taken on a plane if they can fit inside carry-on bags.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1558 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys
It’s too long for check in
I’ll buy one that’s shorter then

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote