THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Flying to Port Elizabeth Question

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flying to Port Elizabeth Question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Per my research, SAA/SAA Express are the only airline that carries firearms to Port Elizabeth currently. And it appears that they have have cut the scheduled flights.

Is this correct?

It seems there is quite an industry in the eastern cape that would fly to PLZ and I was wondering if I missed anything.

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I'm no expert but I've done a little checking on flights to PLZ and it seems that SA Airlink is the only one flying to that destination that will handle firearms. I just sent them an Email asking some questions re: firearms and charges. I'll let you know if I find out anything.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2291 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
www.flyairlink.com appears to carry firearms and is flying the route on its own. The JNB to PLZ flight gets in after 8 PM, which may mean another overnight. It doesn’t appear on the major travel search sites.

Safair, mango, comair (British airways), and Kulula all list no carriage of firearms. I do see some discussion on forums that they may given the SAA route cancellations.

One of Us
Picture of Victor Watson
posted Hide Post
SA Airlink fly one daily flight JHB-PE and return. They do allow firearms and it’s almost a certainty that they’ll add additional flights after Feb 29 when SAA ceases flying the route.

Victor Watson
Karoo Wild Safaris
Email: info@karoowildsafaris.co.za
Cell: (+27) 721894588
www.karoowildsafaris.co.za

Posts: 382 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote