THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Travel insurance during Covid..

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Travel insurance during Covid..
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I see people from the US go to Africa to hunt during Covid...do you get travel insurance..?

In Norway the companies claim force majeure due to the pandemic and deny travel insurance outside Europe..

Posts: 3964 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have looked pretty hard into this and also talked to my travel agent about it. The answer I get is that a Covid infection will not be honored as grounds for a claim.

Posts: 567 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frankly, the times I looked into travel insurance, they wanted a lot of money, and the exclusions were so significant, I felt the insurance worthless other than giving someone a commission.

I don’t hunt on money I can’t afford to lose. I may be mad about missing a hunt, but the finances are not going to impact my day to day life, so I go without.

If you have good medical and medevac insurance, that’s all I recommend with it.

In essence “force majure” or “act of god” cover the vast majority of what I would miss a hunt over.

Posts: 10478 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Frankly, the times I looked into travel insurance, they wanted a lot of money, and the exclusions were so significant, I felt the insurance worthless other than giving someone a commission.

I don’t hunt on money I can’t afford to lose. I may be mad about missing a hunt, but the finances are not going to impact my day to day life, so I go without.

If you have good medical and medevac insurance, that’s all I recommend with it.

In essence “force majure” or “act of god” cover the vast majority of what I would miss a hunt over.

They would not let you on the plane in Toronto on the way to Namibia unless you had COVID insurance, Basically they won’t let you into Namibia without it so AirCanada was checking that you had what you needed. I guess people have got to Namibia without it and where put on a plane to go back home

Member NRA, NFA,CSSA,DSC,SCI,AFGA

Posts: 263 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
An insurance broker told me if you had 2 jabs of an approved vaccine your insurance will work.

We travel a lot, and have a policy that covers us worldwide.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
If you're contemplating using RipOff, I mean RipCord, Covid or no Covid, don't expect them to pay out if you need to use the insurance for a valid reason they specifically tell you will be covered at the time of purchase.

I've told the story before and will bring it up every time the topic surfaces.

Hey RipOff, do you think denying that single economy ticket pay out was worth it at this point?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
If you're contemplating using RipOff, I mean RipCord, Covid or no Covid, don't expect them to pay out if you need to use the insurance for a valid reason they specifically tell you will be covered at the time of purchase.

I've told the story before and will bring it up every time the topic surfaces.

Hey RipOff, do you think denying that single economy ticket pay out was worth it at this point?

And keep doing it.

Rip off companies should be named and shamed!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As noted above, Namibia requires that arriving travelers have proof that they have insurance that would cover hospitalization for covid. Three of us had that on arrival in Windhoek in late July. The health check, however, only looked at our vaccination status and took our forehead temperature.
French friends arrived separately, both vaccinated and came down with covid a week after arrival. Had given them a heads-up on the Namibia insurance requirement. He had to spend 10 days in hospital in Otjiwarango and his French insurance covered it.
Would be foolish to try to arrive in Namibia without appropriate insurance, believing that authorities would not check.

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1318 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote