Find
Notify
Tools

Business class to Windhoek
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of H T
posted
Which airline would you choose? Going after leopard in September. Can leave from about any major US city, except would like to avoid New York.

Have done flights to Jo'Burg and Zim a number of times, but haven't been business class to Windhoek. Thanks for any hints !!

Posts: 730 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Opus has repeatedly talked about how wonderful Qatar Airways is to Windhoek. I’m guessing they’re one of the better options.

Posts: 3851 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the response. I looked, and Qatar must be really good since their prices are almost double British Air. At least that's where their prices are at present.

Still looking.

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H T:
Thank you for the response. I looked, and Qatar must be really good since their prices are almost double British Air. At least that's where their prices are at present.

Still looking.

You might want to check with Opus 1 and ask Jim how he purchases his tickets. I have a suspicion there’s a way to do it that isn’t obvious.

Posts: 3851 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Out of interest if I may ask, who are you hunting with ?

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
Christo Van Deventer is our friend and outfitter, and his company is Alpha Pride Safaris.

One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
I did check out what Opus 1 does on his Qatar flights. Buys economy and upgrades for a lot less than a straight business class purchase. I've done that as well, but it kind of depends on space available. Knowing that ahead of time, at least on Qatar, is likely only for the first leg flight from the US. After that, it might be economy class. Traveling with Momma, so that's not a great option for us.

Having said that, I genuinely appreciate the quick and appropriate responses. thank you !

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
I will let you know. 29 days and a "get up" and we are flying Qatar business to Windhoek.

Safe travels.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
By the way, we used AA miles.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to hearing !!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I flew Turkish airlines business class from Boston connected to SAA business in Joberg on to WDH. It was nice and I used united miles without issue. Turkish is part of the star alliance.

"I speak of Africa and golden joys; the joy of wandering through lonely lands; the joy of hunting the mighty and terrible lords of the wilderness, the cunning, the wary and the grim."
Theodore Roosevelt, Khartoum, March 15, 1910

Posts: 250 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 02 June 2004Reply With Quote