Find
Notify
Tools

Houston (Bush) PCR test
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of H T
posted
Flying August 1st out of IAH (Bush Intercontinental) on Emirates, going to Jo'Burg. Will be flying to Bush to begin with, and need a Covid PCR test for arrival in Jo'Burg. Planning to get into Houston a day early, if needed, and the would be a Saturday, July 31st. Appears there are some clinics close to the airport that can - for a fee - deliver the test results pretty quickly. My problem is we arrive Saturday and leave on a Sunday......so who's gonna be open for sure.

Anybody else flying our of Bush dealt or dealing with this situation?

Posts: 730 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Going back to our other thread, Kingwood Emergency Hospital accepts appointments for the PCR test on Sunday’s. I just tried to schedule one on a Sunday to see and it looked fine.

Mike

Posts: 21192 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
Smiler That is excellent news ! I found a couple others that offer the test but couldn't tell about weekend availability. And, they were a fair distance away from Bush.

Much appreciated !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve also had good luck with the CVS drive-thru PCRs, getting results in ~36 hours for tests.

Posts: 147 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 02 January 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
South Africa, as of today anyway, requires that test being done within 72 hours of departure from Houston (in my case). So 36 hours would work. Don't want to cut it too close, but might try that approach. If we run out of time that way, we can still go to the Kingwood Emerg. Hosp. and pay the $500 each for their test. Thanks for the suggestion.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a problem - here’s the link: https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing

Best of luck on the trip!

posted Hide Post
If anyone knows of a clinic in the DFW area that can offer rapid results for a PCR test please let me know. I have checked with Passport Health and they tell me 1 to 2 days but to get results but they are not open on Sundays and I leave on a Monday evening for Maun via Doha and Johannesburg. My total transit time is approx 36 hours. Any information is appreciated.

Posts: 12 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 04 June 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stumblin' R:
If anyone knows of a clinic in the DFW area that can offer rapid results for a PCR test please let me know. I have checked with Passport Health and they tell me 1 to 2 days but to get results but they are not open on Sundays and I leave on a Monday evening for Maun via Doha and Johannesburg. My total transit time is approx 36 hours. Any information is appreciated.

Here is a few check them out.

https://sethilaboratories.com/...te-covid-19-testing/

https://communitymedcare.com/rapid-pcr/

https://www.solvhealth.com/tx/...tx-srv-covid-testing

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1571 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Bwana 338-thanks much for the info. Will follow up with these folks.

Posts: 12 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 04 June 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stumblin' R:

I recently flew to Zim thru Joburg and left on a Monday evening as well. I had my test at an urgent care facility in Ennis early Monday morning and had my results within an hour, wasn’t cheap but the “hours” worked well with my flight. I see you’re located in East Texas, this place is about 2 1/2 hours from Houston. Their info:

Urgent Care Plus
1200 Dolfie Lane
St 101
972-875-4500
Open at 9:00 am

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl, on your return from Harare, where & how long did the PCR testing take prior to your flight? I have a 4:15 PM flight out of Harare in September and unsure if we can get from camp to Harare & get tested prior to our flight without having to overnight in Harare the day prior to leaving Zim.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by txsouthpaw:
Karl, on your return from Harare, where & how long did the PCR testing take prior to your flight? I have a 4:15 PM flight out of Harare in September and unsure if we can get from camp to Harare & get tested prior to our flight without having to overnight in Harare the day prior to leaving Zim.

We had the same concerns and overnighted in Harare just to be safe. Our flight out of Zim left at 12:40 pm, on a Sunday, and I think we would have been pushing it to get the test early Sunday morning and make our flight. We used Lancet testing and the results took about 6 hours, perhaps because they were very busy, but there was a testing lab on every other corner in Harare and all appeared to be very busy. Had our flight been a 4:15 pm flight, I think we would have still overnighted, though my wife and I were fully vaccinated there is always the chance of a false positive and a re-test or going to "Plan B", which could take too much time. Hope this helps.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply, Karl. It really helps to
get firsthand insight from someone who was
recently there.
Good hunting!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
FYI, my latest CVS PCR results were emailed to me today, 21 hours after the test. Even better than 24-36 hours I’ve experienced previously.