THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    South African Airways Schedules Relaunch

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

South African Airways Schedules Relaunch
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted
South African Airways Schedules Relaunch

by Thomas Becher August 26 at 9:47 AM

MIAMI – South African Airways (SA) has announced details of its relaunch following a 15-month hiatus due to COVID-19 groundings and financial tumult.

The carrier has confirmed the first flights will commence on Sept. 23. Tickets went on sale today. SA plans to operate flights from Johannesburg (JNB) to Cape Town (CPT); Accra, Ghana (ACC); Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo (FIH); Harare, Zimbabwe (HRE); Lusaka, Zambia (LUN); and Maputo, Mozambique (MPM).

More destinations will be added to the route network as it ramps up operations in response to market conditions, the carrier said in a news release.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1571 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they'll honor the old airpoints.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
It looks like they will be flying within Africa first

Singing and dancing as South Africa's national airline returns to the skies

Siphiwe Sibeko
Thu, September 23, 2021, 3:44 AM
By Siphiwe Sibeko

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Jubilant South African Airways (SAA) staff at the country's biggest airport broke into song and dance on Thursday as the airline took to the skies for the first time in around a year.

State-owned SAA's longstanding financial woes were exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic and it halted all operations last September when it ran out of funds. The company exited administration https://www.reuters.com/world/...17-months-2021-05-01 in April thanks to another massive government bailout.

It restarted domestic flights from Johannesburg to Cape Town on Thursday and next week will launch a slimmed-down international service to five African capitals: Accra, Kinshasa, Harare, Lusaka and Maputo.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/...ional-104432273.html

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Just curious to know if any Americans would be stupid enough to pay for a ticket from here to Joberg with these jokers??

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
When dealing with an RSA owned business there are a number of things to keep in mind:

1) They’re Communists and don’t know how to run a profitable business;
2) They’re incompetent;
3) They’re corrupt;
4) They’re racists (anti- white)

I avoid Johannesburg whenever possible

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote