THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    New U.S. Re-entry Requirements - 1/12/2021

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New U.S. Re-entry Requirements - 1/12/2021
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Thought I would pass this along to everyone on the forum. New guidelines from the CDC and U.S. State Department were posted today.

Anyone traveling from a foreign country to the U.S. must have a negative COVID test within 72 hours of boarding. Otherwise, boarding will be denied. This becomes effective 1/26/21.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronaviru...ting-air-travel.html

"The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching". - John Wooden

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting.

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And I thought we might be required to have immunization passports. That would be SLIGHTLY more convenient.

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If this is what is needs to be done that is fine, but I can’t take a 14 day vacation, then have a 50-50 shot of being stuck in country.

On top of that, if I go to England like I am booked to. Then, in KY I have to quarantine for 14 days. I have been in quarantine twice. I can handle it, but the office can’t.

Posts: 10580 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Hopefully immunization will be able to be substituted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36409 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So, if I read this right, I need to be tested before I leave and can re-enter the USA and get tested again 3 to 5 days later and quarantine for 7 days or skip that and just quarantine for 10-days.

Best Regards,
Sid

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
Alexis de Tocqueville

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Posts: 602 | Location: East Texas, USA | Registered: 16 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sid Post:
So, if I read this right, I need to be tested before I leave and can re-enter the USA and get tested again 3 to 5 days later and quarantine for 7 days or skip that and just quarantine for 10-days.

Yes, that is how I understand it as well. At this point, I’ve seen no mention of a certificate of COVID vaccination waiving the need for a negative test prior to re-entry or eliminating the need to quarantine once you’ve returned. Hopefully that will change soon...

"The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching". - John Wooden

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is another release that might explain a bit better. I sure hope they will amend the requirements to accept those who have had the vaccine.

"CDC Expands Negative COVID-19 Test Requirement to All Air Passengers Entering the United States
Media Statement

For Immediate Release: Tuesday, January 12, 2021
(404) 639-3286

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expanding the requirement for a negative COVID-19 test to all air passengers entering the United States. Testing before and after travel is a critical layer to slow the introduction and spread of COVID-19. This strategy is consistent with the current phase of the pandemic and more efficiently protects the health of Americans.

Variants of the SARS-CoV-2 virus continue to emerge in countries around the world, and there is evidence of increased transmissibility of some of these variants. With the US already in surge status, the testing requirement for air passengers will help slow the spread of the virus as we work to vaccinate the American public.

Before departure to the United States, a required test, combined with the CDC recommendations to get tested again 3-5 days after arrival and stay home for 7 days post-travel, will help slow the spread of COVID-19 within US communities from travel-related infections. Pre-departure testing with results known and acted upon before travel begins will help identify infected travelers before they board airplanes.

Air passengers are required to get a viral test (a test for current infection) within the 3 days before their flight to the U.S. departs, and provide written documentation of their laboratory test result (paper or electronic copy) to the airline or provide documentation of having recovered from COVID-19. Airlines must confirm the negative test result for all passengers or documentation of recovery before they board. If a passenger does not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery, or chooses not to take a test, the airline must deny boarding to the passenger.

“Testing does not eliminate all risk,” says CDC Director Robert R. Redfield, MD, “but when combined with a period of staying at home and everyday precautions like wearing masks and social distancing, it can make travel safer, healthier, and more responsible by reducing spread on planes, in airports, and at destinations.”

This order was signed by the CDC Director on January 12, 2021 and will become effective on January 26, 2021."

Karl Evans

Posts: 2715 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
Wow, I hope things change in a few months.

Otherwise it is going to cause issues if fast tests are not available at airports.

I already have flights arrangements etc. for end of May for a SUP trip to Norway fjords. Supposed to leave for the USA from Oslo the day after the SUP excursion ends.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your state like mine may have more restrictive requirements if traveling to Europe.

I would have to quarantine 14 days coming from England regardless and full stop.

I have a hunt planned for my birthday next year.

Posts: 10580 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Enough is enough. I had a trip scheduled to Costa Rica next month, when I found out about this ,I called and canceled it. I have a hunt booked for June in Zambia and I will do what it takes to go, but after that , I plan on staying home until things straighten out some what.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

Before we all panic let's reread this. The only thing REQUIRED is the test when coming back to the US. This test is available in Africa. Just check with your travel agent on availability and to see what the procedure is when departing the country you'll be hunitng in. Private quarantine facilities are available should you test positive and some are provided by the safari operator.

There is always risk in flying to and hunting in 3rd world countries. The chance of you testing positive are very slim. Heck! You're plane might crash, an elephant could stomp you, the safari car might roll over, a snake could bite you. Any number of things MIGHT happen.

Folks I'm twice as old as some of you and I'm going if Mauritius opens.

Take a breath and have a great hunt somewhere this year.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be travelling this year.

Just got the second dose of the vaccine last Sunday. I will do what is required, but I do not think that these measures will make a bit of actual difference in the Covid infection rate.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So do pilots and crew have to be tested every time they fly?

Posts: 759 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do not think that these measures will make a bit of actual difference in the Covid infection rate

100%

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36409 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw today where either a PCR or LAMP test will meet the requirements for recently into the US and the time frame will begin on departure of your last flight to the US if multiple flights are on the same itinerary and any layover doesn’t exceed 24 hours. However, if return flights are not on same itinerary (as in flights booked separately), another test is required prior to the final flight to the US. Single use LAMP tests are available with prescription that give results in about 30 minutes (Lucira, I think) and cost around $50.00. We have a couple of trips planned and flights booked, one to Moz with Zambezi Delta Safaris where Mark Haldane tells us they have and will make arrangements for the test. Unfortunately, having received the vaccine will not exempt a person from these requirements, at least for now. I hate to think of the problems a real or false positive test will cause.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2715 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
What a goat roping this has turned into. With the amount of cases already in the USA...why in Sam Hill are they requiring these re-entry tests??? Life is going to be interesting for the next for years and interesting is not synonymous with fun.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This has been a forced requirement in Tanzania for anyone travelling beyond it borders since late last year.
On arrival at destination you can produce the certified test document (negative) which allowed you to travel.

Wow .... it seems Tanzania is a step ahead of the USA and many European countries. Big Grin

Posts: 1863 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
What a goat roping this has turned into. With the amount of cases already in the USA...why in Sam Hill are they requiring these re-entry tests??? Life is going to be interesting for the next for years and interesting is not synonymous with fun.

Lane,

In the event the passenger is arriving from one of those carefree countries. It wouldn't be the first case of a passenger testing positive on arrival.

Posts: 1863 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

Lane,

In the event the passenger is arriving from one of those carefree countries. It wouldn't be the first case of a passenger testing positive on arrival.

What I am saying is why does anyone care at this point. I am just as likely to get the virus filling my truck up with diesel in my home town as I am traveling. Guaranteed the virus circulates at the airport—testing negative 3 days before leaving means nothing really. This virus is here for eternity. It is already ubiquitously spread around. Countries like New Zealand will eventually get a rude awakening.

It is time to get vaccinated and move on.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
LEDVM.....
While I agree goats are involved in describing the situation I'm not sure roping is the correct activity to be associated with the critter.....

Posts: 911 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stubbleduck47:
LEDVM.....
While I agree goats are involved in describing the situation I'm not sure roping is the correct activity to be associated with the critter.....

Big Grin

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Biden Administration! It's going to be a challenging 4 years.

I'm going to Tanzania in August. Fortunately, this pandemic has proved I can work from anywhere. So if I'm quarantined, it will be fine. Time difference is difficult. Done that before and its hard to get a night's sleep.

Posts: 9944 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
I can work from anywhere as well.

That being said, there needs to be an infrastructure to support that. If no reliable Internet and phone service then it doesn't matter.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.dw.com/en/coronavi...uarantine/a-56306920

This seems to say a quarantine is mandatory.

Posts: 11905 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

I guess the next question is will this quarantine be monitored and how? To my mind this could be a huge blow to international business travel, tourism and a further drag on the airlines let alone what effect it may have on international hunting. Before I panic I'll want to know what exactly this "quarantine" will mean. As far as I can find out there are no details available yet.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have read the executive order signed by Biden. It refers to the cdc recommendations for quarantine.

Posts: 11905 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I have read the executive order signed by Biden. It refers to the cdc recommendations for quarantine.

+1

It is unclear when these changes will go in to effect. I saw mention of a 14 day period to have review/recommendations about some of these issues such as how quarantine would be defined and enforced. I am under the impression the quarantine rules will not go in to effect on January 26th like the testing prior to re-entry discussed above.

One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1358 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote