THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    SAA from Dulles to Johannesburg

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SAA from Dulles to Johannesburg
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I leave on 13 May from Dulles to Johannesburg. I booked with Kathi as I have 8 legs to my flights. Anyone on this flight or the return on 30 May? Where can I get the best buy on a trail camera for under $400?

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A trail camera? If you just want a snapshooter for the bush, any of the film version Yashicas or Canons will be perfect. I've used a Yashica T-4 for years, and they are priced way under 400 bucks. Can find what you want at any chain camera store like Ritz or Wolf, or any good regular camera shop. They will all try to sell you a digital camera, but for once in a lifetime photos that you may well want to have enlarged, there is still nothing that beats film in the low priced realm. Buy a good point and shoot 35mm and have a good time! PS: I am carrying a Yashica T-4 and a Nikon N90S to the RSA next month.

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess I did not make my post clear. I have a 5mp camera and a waterproof backup 35mm. I am trying to buy a camera to monitor game trails and waterholes to give my host in Namibia as a gift. Since I have never owned a trail camera I was trying to get advice as to the best most reliable camera for the money. I think I found one at Cabellas for $250 plus some extra memory but I want some advise for some of the experts. Guess I should have posted this one a Whitetail deer site as all the serious hunters have them.

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote