THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Navigating Dulles-Advice Needed

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Navigating Dulles-Advice Needed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I leave Sunday 19th, fly United to Dulles, connect with SAA (#208). I have two hours IF on time, so maybe less. Bags will be checked through (perpetual optimist), but I could use advice to get from United arrival area to SAA quickly.

I'm in seat 40G, if anyone wants to stop by. We can step out for a drink.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Brice,

Check this URL. Dulles Terminal Map

United docks on Concourses C&D and SAA is on Concourse B. These are in two separate buildings connected by underground walkways.

Dulles also uses shuttle buses between the Concourses and planes. So ... take a shuttle to the terminal building then the walkway to the second building and Concourse B.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oday450:
Brice,

Check this URL. Dulles Terminal Map

United docks on Concourses C&D and SAA is on Concourse B. These are in two separate buildings connected by underground walkways.

Dulles also uses shuttle buses between the Concourses and planes. So ... take a shuttle to the terminal building then the walkway to the second building and Concourse B.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

This is correct, I just went thru last month. The shuttles run fairly frequently and is no major hassle. If you have the time you say you will not have to worry as you will have plenty of time. Make sure you check in with SAA at the gate (I believe they use B32) as they will want to check your passport.

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
Brice, we had about 90 minutes to connect going out and made it OK.

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LRH, were your bags checked through?

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
Yes, we ended up flying it all in one big hump LAS-IAD-JNB-HRE.

One bag arrived in Harare on the plane with us, my duffel bag came in on Air Botswana around 9 the next morning, and the guns showed up on an SAA flight around 1 pm. From that I infer that the missed baggage connection was in Johannesburg, not Washington.

But United are still idiots.

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

Posts: 1577 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Troy Hibbitts
posted Hide Post
We flew through Dulles on the way out last month. From the commuter flight (United Express) we exited the plane onto the tarmac, entered the terminal, read the signs for the next flight, got on the shuttle to the next terminal, and walked to the gate. We had about 3 hours between flights, but it only took maybe 15 minutes to for the whole thing.

Troy

http://thehibbitts.net/
Brackettville, TX

Posts: 282 | Location: Brackettville, TX | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a bit under two hours and:
1. It's United, and
2. This particular flight has an
on-time record of 50%, and
3. LRH270 is right about United,
they're idiots, on a good day.

One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
50% is exactly the ratio we experienced:

On Friday the plane didn't fly, but on Saturday it did!

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
"Idiots on a good day." Can't wait to find out what they are Monday... at 5 something am... in San Antonio. I love the city I grew up in, but have found that it ain't exactly a "promotion" for the more skilled employees of any airline counter personnel.

On a more positive note, I appreciate the connection info from you all on this thread.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wish me luck, LRH. If I miss my Dulles connection, I'm a day late into Joburg, miss the Tues. flight to Beira, wait for the Thurs flight, hope there is a seat on it. If not, charter from Joburg to Beira, about $3000. If it all goes totally gunnysack maybe I'll just come down to LV and stay with you and Jenna for a few days. I figure that would be at least as much exercise as chasing buff and sable for two weeks.

One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
Come on down, you're guaranteed a shot or two Wink

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
Well, Brice never called so I guess he made it.

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!