THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    ARRIVAL IN HARARE,ZIMBABWE 2021

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ARRIVAL IN HARARE,ZIMBABWE 2021
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Guys,

I spoke to Shawn Kennedy at Gracy Travel this AM. She has had her first client of the year arrive in Zim. The hunter flew Ethiopian and all went smoothly. Hunter had his COVID test 48 hours before departing the States and that negative test was all that was necessary for entry into Zimbabwe.

Guys there is loads of heavily discounted quota available in Zim. Go get some!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12838 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's it gonna take for the client to come home?

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JTEX,

He gets on Ethiopian and comes home. Ethiopian is not requiring a departure COVID test. Emirates is requiring A TEST which means you need to add a couple days to your trip.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12838 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
JTEX,

He gets on Ethiopian and comes home. Ethiopian is not requiring a departure COVID test. Emirates is requiring A TEST which means you need to add a couple days to your trip.

Mark

Mark,
I believe Zimbabwe is requiring a covid test 72 hours before departing the country. Rumor has it, please note I said RUMOR, you can get a quick Covid test at the airport.

Posts: 746 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can have a a test at the airport with results within 90 minuets that is acceptable to Emirates. Zim are still to have our first clients leave so as I say not tried and tested but if it is as they say it is very simple. We have our first clients coming shortly!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buzz,

That's great news. My info is obviously dated although only about 10 days old. This COVID crap is continually evolving.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How do you get a Covid test result within 3 days of arriving in Zim? I just took one and it took two days to get my result (negative). It takes a 1.5 days to travel to Harare from the USA. Are they doing these tests at the departure airport?

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1846 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GunsCore,

You need a negative test 48 hours before getting on the flight departing FOR Zim not before you arrive Zim.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Spoke to Lin Stanton/Mabalabala Safaris today. He confirmed on your departure from Zim you arrive at the Harare airport 1 hour earlier than normal and get a test at the COVID test facility in the airport. You just go get a Coke or whatever and your results should be available in 30 minutes to an hour.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Spoke to Lin Stanton/Mabalabala Safaris today. He confirmed on your departure from Zim you arrive at the Harare airport 1 hour earlier than normal and get a test at the COVID test facility in the airport. You just go get a Coke or whatever and your results should be available in 30 minutes to an hour.

Mark

So what happens if a person happened to test positive? Quarantine in one of their "government approved" quarantine facillities? I think some of the outfitters attempted to get one or more camps approved as quarantine sites, that wouldn't be too bad, if a person had 10-14 extra days and extra cash.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2707 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I feel very bad for our friends who are in business, but there is no way in hell I am going to travel to Africa while the current situation is prevalent!

In fact, unless there is a very compelling reason for me to travel abroad, I am staying out.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66667 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Karl,

The quarantine issue seems a little fuzzy. I'm trying to get a answer on that that seems doable. A government facility is not the answer.

Mark

Just heard from Gary Duckworth that there are a couple private facilities for quarantine. I have no details though.

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
sadly this is true definition of hell being stuck in a zim hospital unable to get home
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I feel very bad for our friends who are in business, but there is no way in hell I am going to travel to Africa while the current situation is prevalent!

In fact, unless there is a very compelling reason for me to travel abroad, I am staying out.

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Following as I am interested in going but not getting quarantined. If a camp was set up in the bush that may be OK

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2802 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yep. My sentiments exactly! tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

We are not the bravest couple we know but if two of the three airlines involved in our cancelled trip to Zambia and Mauritius had not cancelled flights Sadie and I would be would be in Zambia now. We are in the vulnerable age group also. Africa is always a little bit of a crap shoot.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is another reason not to book anything with the current airline situation

White Mountains Arizona

one of us
posted Hide Post
gunslinger55,

I'm old and admittedly a little dense. What am I missing on the airline situation?

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
Picture of AK145
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the updates Mark...much appreciated.

Posts: 217 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 15 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
Jozibenini has been declared quarintine camp. And you will see trillions of elephants!!!

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You mentioned cancelled flights did you not? I work in the airlines and its a fluid and extremely dire times and cancelling a flight for whatever reason not unlikely. But hopefully not

quote:
gunslinger55,

I'm old and admittedly a little dense. What am I missing on the airline situation?

Mark

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not to mention wearing a mask for that long will totally suck. I did it for 5 hours and was not very comfortable

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's all I can do to wear it in the grocery store or at the doctor's office! I'm ripping it off just as soon as I'm out the door!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Vaughn,

I think if I had a safari booked the mask thing would be a non issue unless I was very claustrophobic.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark: I'm kind of close to being claustrophobic. When I was about 10 my mom and dad bought me a new sleeping bag. We kids slept outside in Central Utah almost every night in the summer. One night I got turned around in my sleeping bag and couldn't find my way out. (Head down at the bottom of the bag and feet about halfway up the long bag) It was very dark, I was having a hard time breathing (due to a bad case of hay fever and hyperventilating) and I guess that I screamed loud enough that my dad heard me (they slept with the windows open in the summer to get the canyon breeze that blew down the canyon with cool air all night) and he came and got me out of the bag. For a long time I couldn't crawl into a sleeping bag. To this day I can't sleep in a mummy bag and have to sleep with my head out of the bag. Hard for me to even write this without getting some feeling. So, wearing the mask that long wouldn't work for me, unfortunately. By the way, I still have that bag for some reason out in our travel trailer. Eeker

one of us
posted Hide Post
Vaughn,

I think I'd have burned that bag long ago.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe we'll have a sleeping bag burning party in the near future. Big Grin