New
Find
Notify
Tools

4457 question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am traveling with firearms. I am lending a rifle to a friend to use in Zim. Do I put his name or my name on the 4457?

I am concerned that if I put my name on it the Zim police won't let it in if it is in his gun case.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
If you have the rifle in your gun case the 4457 should be in your name.

If the rifle is in your friends gun case the 4457 should be in your friends name.

Same for ammo.

The person bringing the rifle in to Zimbabwe (South Africa if stopping there) will need to have the ammo for the rifle in a case in his name.

When entering Zimbabwe, try to have your forms filled out before leaving, make 3 copies. (more if you think there will be a mess up)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1571 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote