THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    traveling with empty 375 brass?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

traveling with empty 375 brass?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Question - Can you pack empty .375 brass along with reloading dies in your luggage? Is this considered ammunition? Called the airlines and they didn't know. A PH has asked if we could bring these items but was not sure on legalities as well. If its even the slightest problem we won't do it. Would this be considered leaving ammunition in a foreign country?

Posts: 102 | Location: Queen Creek, Arizona | Registered: 16 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a heck of a time in Anchorage one time trying to take brand new brass in Winchester boxes in my carry on. It didn't matter that what I was carrying was actually empty brass cylinders. There was no logic applied once they saw the red and white boxes. So if you take the brass make sure to declare it upon checking in and let them determine if it is ammo or not. The bright spot I guess is that it will be light and not infringe much on your 5 kilo limits. I don't think the dies are an issue.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Couestaxi,

I have taken boxes of bullets, brass, as well as various reloading and gunsmithing components for the last three trips to South Africa without difficulty.

However as Mark points out, in the checked luggage only, I have never been able to talk anyone into letting me carry it on!

I actually have never even mentioned it to the airlines, or declared it as "ammo", because it clearly is not.

I have always declared it on my Customs form in South Africa as "Reloading Components" and there has never been a word said [or a duty!]. The last two times I did not even have a rifle with me.

Of course I was never trying to import commercial quantities of anything.

Good Luck.

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote